F*ck you Coles Myer (1 Viewer)

is a roflcopter
HSC
SashatheMan said:
they can do store interviews cant they, look at maccas, its even bigger then the shitty coles myer and they dont make people wait years and have shitty group interviews, they just have a quick talk to yuo and tell you if yuor in or not.

and yeh i am a genius , but yuor a moron.
SashatheMan said:
maccas is still huge , with many layers of management etc etc. very complex , but they manage to have store interviews
Please don't try to raise examples that are wrong or try to sound convincing when you don't have your facts right.

Macdonalds works through franchising. Each store has its own franchisee. They are able to hire on an individual basis because the HR responsibility doesn't go above the store-level.

Get over being rejected and stop irrationally complaining about such a simple system which you fail to appreciate or comprehend.

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Haha, i thought the colesmyer system sucked until it landed me a job :)

OK it still isn't very efficient, you just gotta either keep trying or look for a job elsewhere. I had group interviews in both parramatta and miranda, waited like a year, thought they forgot about me and suddenly i get called up for a store manager interview...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
You can't compare maccas to CM, as someone said. McDonalds stores are franchises, CM stores aren't.... it's a totally different ball game.

Trogie

HSC
Suvat said:
Haha, i thought the colesmyer system sucked until it landed me a job :)

OK it still isn't very efficient, you just gotta either keep trying or look for a job elsewhere. I had group interviews in both parramatta and miranda, waited like a year, thought they forgot about me and suddenly i get called up for a store manager interview...
1 year!!! I knew the system was a bit sluggish, but 1 year!

Didn't you start looking for other jobs like a month after the group interview? which CML brand did you end up in?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
illmatic said:
it's only natural to be a bit disapoointed or pissed off that u didnt get a job soooo shut the fuck up :)
oh fuck off, i've been disappointed that i didn't get jobs too you know. somehow i have yet to go stomping around going "wah wah poor me i'm so unappreciated!"

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
whinge all you like... the system aint fair - that's the real world...

if you think you're getting hard-done now, wait til you apply for a real job :rolleyes:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Newbie said:
Macdonalds works through franchising. Each store has its own franchisee. They are able to hire on an individual basis because the HR responsibility doesn't go above the store-level.

acutally yuyor fucking wrong. i know its a franchise, but the higher levels of management , always check up on each store. and the managers of each individual store have to report how their store is operating. Each store has regular checkups by the higher level management that doesnt actually rubn the franchise. so yuor wrong now shut the fuck up i know how it works, i know the facts, you are just a newbie

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
glycerine said:
oh fuck off, i've been disappointed that i didn't get jobs too you know. somehow i have yet to go stomping around going "wah wah poor me i'm so unappreciated!"
he was never saying porr me wah wah, yuor just makign shit up. he was ranting about how coles myer is shit.

how about you go now and start your real job, which is washing the dishes

is a roflcopter
HSC
SashatheMan said:
acutally yuyor fucking wrong. i know its a franchise, but the higher levels of management , always check up on each store. and the managers of each individual store have to report how their store is operating. Each store has regular checkups by the higher level management that doesnt actually rubn the franchise. so yuor wrong now shut the fuck up i know how it works, i know the facts, you are just a newbie
Hahaha you poor thing
Stop spinning weird tangents that go nowhere.

You are still failing to address the HR issue because you obviously don't know how it works. Read your post again and explain how it's relevant to this topic. I think you've let your emotions cloud your memory and.. your spelling. :D

Why can't you understand that each Maccas store is responsible for their own hiring decisions? That is why it is possible for them to have store inteviews.

Haha listen to frigid, wait til you apply for a real job.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Newbie said:
Haha listen to frigid, wait til you apply for a real job.
yes... the 3000-to-20 applicants-to-summerclerks ratio is beginning to scare me :(

i may hate the HR process but you don't see me spasmming F*CK MALLESONS! F*CK FREEHILLS! F*CK ALLENS!

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
I had to apply twice to get a job with colesmyer. Just keep re applying and you should get a job eventually. :D

Scanorama

HSC
I don't know about other brands, but Kmart is definitely shit. I worked there as Christmas casual from last year December. Than during mid-January, they cut down my shift to 0 a week. I went to the manager and asked her what's going on. She said 'Unfortunately after stock take, we don't have enough budget. However in the next couple of weeks time, as soon as we have shift for you, I will call you.' Fuck her, bullshiter, now it's been couple of months and yet they are like dead (in a way I hope they are, its so pissing me off).

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Just received an email from colesmyer to say my application was unsuccessful. I'm somewhat pissed off now because they kept me on the line for the last 2 months and then they decide to not give me a job after the interview. I emailed them back asking politely for feedback and some points on why I didn't get the job. If they reply back with something like "your avaliabilies wasn't good", I'm going to be like "wtf? you tell me this now after I have putting in the same avaliabilites since I FIRST applied? And in my group, I'd say only 3 of us participated in group work and most of them never had a job/experience. WHAT is it that colesmyer friggin want?!

klh

HSC
sympathies....
but availabilities are a big criteria, i put all my availabilities to the last hour i calculated (i esp. put more hours for the busier times, late nigh shopping, weekends) but if soeone else is avail. FT then theyll choose them.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Yeah I pretty much put down from open to close on the days I can work and don't have Uni. I mean, they put people through all these processes and just when hopes are up after the interview, they go "nope, sorry, no job for you!".

klh

HSC
there is too much peopel applying but they want to cut costs in this day and age so the probability of landing a job with them isnt high, unless they really need us e,g, xmas casuals.
they made us dress up in all them clothes and stuff, making me feel a certain level of expectation and for what??!!?? some dude in trackies to ge the job befroe me?
haha, a play onthe 'no soup for you' phrase?

sarevok

HSC
okay, the coles myer recruitment process is officially fucked up. i received an email telling me "We would like to advise you that you have advanced further in the recruitment process for a position with Coles Myer Ltd." i was so incredibly nervous in the group interview, stuffed up my introduction, i made a few suggestions but they were filled 'ummms' and 'ahhs' because i was so nervous...and i still passed. what the hell? i have no previous retail experience (burger flipper at maccas for a year is all i've got) and my availabilities were only on thursday nights and weekends...i mean, wtf, seriously, it probably just depends on how nice your recruitment officer is (i.e. if they can be bothered looking for a job for you)

klh

HSC
you took my spot!!!!!!
thank you for confirming that colesmyer is a @#$%^&*(){}!~`:;"'?/>.<, etc.
maybe its the retail experience and the availibility of the store positions that you applied to. to them 1 yr exp. is gold i think. but thurs only? really..it needs to be questioned dont it?

sarevok

HSC
yeah maybe the experience i guess, thouhg i doubt they would care that much about a year's experience at maccas..besides you would think with the interview performance i put in i'd shown myself unsuitable for retail, lol. but yeah, coles myer recruitment is just dumb luck i guess

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
uh u dont need any experience to get a job at a colesmyer store...all the newbies at work say its their first job.u got rejected becoz their were no positions available at the stores closest to u..thats all..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)