Eyebrow Shaping... :) (1 Viewer)

blahzz

HSC
So, do you guys shape your own eyebrows?! What tools do you use? has anyone ever completely mangled their own eyebrows while trying to shape it? hahah :p

Skeeta

HSC
just dont over pluck

i am an eyebrow nazi. Mine are curly and horrible. i pluck them every morning because they grow so fast!

follow the natural curve, and pluck the stray ones. Its best not to try shape them on your own because some people dont know where to stop! go to a beautician and get them shaped every few months then tweeze the strays as they grow back

HSC
N/A
a) Yes, never had it done professionally in fact... maybe I should? I don't know...

b) Tweezers, waxing scares me :S

c) Once when I was like 8 and someone told me I had messy eyebrows, so I tried to "tidy up" with a shaver :p

EDIT: I second the overpluck thing. If you're going to do it at home, only pluck out a FEW hairs at a time. Then take a few steps back away from the mirror so you can see everything in perspective!!!

Lainee

HSC
I just tweeze the strays really. Not much shaping as I think my brows suit my face the way they are (straight and bold, with not much of an arch). I'd hate to see a professional tweeze it into a 'perfect' shape and it'll ruin the natural shape of them.

xoxo

HSC
hey well ever since yr 7 wen i saw a photo of myself with these thick bushy eyebrows that looked like a monobrow if my head was tilted in a certain direction, i have plucked

i started off slowly and now have these realli nice thin n shapely ones...i just followed my natural line...which was highly arched even wen it was thick n bushy...

but if ur uncertain definitely go to the beauticians and they can go a good job to get u started...n if u wanna diy from there on i just pluck the ones that have grown wen u need to

n as one of the others said, wen u r doing it urself step back from the mirror after every few hairs ( only one at a time!!) to see what it looks like

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
When i was a kid, i had THE BEST eyebrows ever. They were apparently like really nicely shaped like Japanese paintbrush strokes or something. EVERYONE said they were hawt, it was the only thing i got told the most when i was little- ego boost. And now, theyre horrible but also because i walked into a corner of a table when i was 5 and got a really tiny scar in my right eyebrow. Not noticeable but still. My bestfriend whose a reallllly good makeup artist pointed out to me the other day that i should get her to wax them for me. I dnt know if i should be thankful or insulted but now that i look at them closely, theyre horrible.

Ive never done anything with my eyebrows in my life, does it hurt to pluck or wax? And how long till it all grows back and looks horrible again?!

Skeeta

HSC
his eyebrows were actually a very nie shape - but it doesnt look right on a guy

oh that indian string thing. that looks fab i wanna get it done :uhhuh:

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
brogan77 said:
What's that thing they do with like a piece of string/wire etc. where they shape and thin them?
That looks funky.

Oh and please don't overdo ur eyebrows like that idiot from big brother rob. His eyebrows were deplorable.
Threading?

HSC
brogan77 that string thing must hurt like hell, itd take forever too but I know what you're talking about. Rob's eyebrows were firstly insulting to the girls and secondly so foul.

kimi - if you have wild wog hair growth like myself, I need to get mine waxed every 2 weeks which is very annoying. Go by how long it takes for your leg hair to grow bak, if its fast then likely you'll have regular hair growth. Waxing does hurt but its over quickly. Plucking hurts way more because it takes a while and feels like prolonged pain.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Lil Miss Karly said:
brogan77 that string thing must hurt like hell, itd take forever too but I know what you're talking about. Rob's eyebrows were firstly insulting to the girls and secondly so foul.

kimi - if you have wild wog hair growth like myself, I need to get mine waxed every 2 weeks which is very annoying. Go by how long it takes for your leg hair to grow bak, if its fast then likely you'll have regular hair growth. Waxing does hurt but its over quickly. Plucking hurts way more because it takes a while and feels like prolonged pain.
Nah im asian but my leg hairs grow reallllllly slow when i wax. But apparently, if i start waxing or plucking my eyebrows etc- theyre gonna come back twice as much and twice as fast or something ridiculous. Since ive never tried, i dntknow.

Yeah, thats what my friend said. She said waxing may hurt the first time but it hurts for a few moments and its over. When you pluck, sometimes you can get the redness around the area and little bumps coming up. Thanks btw

arrested development
HSC
I don't really worry about my eyebrows too much because they have a pretty nice natural shape, so I only really have to pluck the few stray hairs underneath. I started grooming my brows when I was about 12, and I don't think they're thicker now. In fact, I think that there are less hairs to pluck now that I've been doing it for so long... maybe because I started doing it fairly early so I stopped the hairs growing in some follicles?

Anyway, I think that girls with thick, dark, striking brows are so beautiful - Edie Sedgwick, for example! It's ever so sad when people overpluck their eyebrows so that they're too thin and dreadfully tacky.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
i use to get them wax constantly then i went tight and starting plucking
eyebrow waxing barely hurts.. though =/

HSC
N/A
I actually hear that threading is better and painless than plucking?

Natural shapes rock. Unless you're going for a really "done up" Marlene Dietrich kind of look, then that pencil-thin eyebrow doesn't really look too good.

arrested development
HSC
I don't find plucking painful at all though. :\
Anyway, you can just numb the area with ice before plucking if it hurts you.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
kimi said:
Nah im asian but my leg hairs grow reallllllly slow when i wax. But apparently, if i start waxing or plucking my eyebrows etc- theyre gonna come back twice as much and twice as fast or something ridiculous. Since ive never tried, i dntknow.
nah, waxing and plucking = slower regrowth + less hair + finer hair, compared to shaving.
(razors and girls should never mix. wax ftw)

but yeah, go to a good professional for the first wax. they'll stick to your natural shape, and you can just pluck the regrowth.

arrested development
HSC
spank_meh said:
I pluck my eyebrows and honestly they are like completely fucked HAHAHA
because you probably suck and have no skill when it comes to brow grooming. you should let them grow out and then go to a beautician to get them shaped.

arrested development
HSC
ok, well if a beautician can't even make your eyebrows look nice then they must just be Very Fucking Gross... :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)