Eye problems (1 Viewer)

lil tiger

Has anyone developed eyes problems during the HSC? I noticed my eyes can see as clear as they use to say in year 10. I use to be able to see train table tv, from like 30 metres away, and tiny writings on the tv, and overhead never bothered me despite what position in the classroom i may be sitting. I think its the studying coupled with games and the late nights that causing its fade.

Any suggestions? I doubt want my eyes to die in the process of the HSC. I might emerge with a new look (a smart looking pair of glasses)and a HSC.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah i think mine did as well. go to an optometrist, you will need glasses probably, i think this site does it as well

tempco

HSC
Well, I've always had eye problems, but only got glasses in Year 11... My prescription went up 0.2 during Year 11, and now it's 4.5... Got binoculars for glasses XD

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Last time I checked (about 3 weeks ago) I still had 20/20 vision, but I thought it was fading but it apparently wasnt.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah I got slightly corrected glasses during the HSC, apparently a lot of HSC students get them. Although don't use them too much, cos you'll find yourself depending on them like me.

Wohzazz

HSC
20/20 vision is that like flawless? What is considered low, 10/20? I think i should get mine check. its probably gone down as well over the years

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Nope 20/20 isn't perfect vision, its normal vision. Apparently you can get better than that.

santaslayer

HSC
well apparently, afta the hsc i checked my eyes out coz i was pretty stuffed...
they told me i had near 20/20...i checked them again at sum other place and they said i was 100 degrees on my left eye?????

Ziusudra

Be My Only Angel
My eyesight has been getting worse over the years, but it's not attributed to too much studying, although I take a break every now and then if I read too much.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
for me, after i finish looking at something and life my head up it takes me couple seconds to refocus, but after that my eyes are fine :)

yeah i suggest (like many others) for you to see an optomerist.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by SpoRTsGaL
well i think my eyesight is fading, but that could just be paranoia
i am still going to go to the optometrist to get my eyes checked... i might need reading glasses
By the looks of your avatar, I think you might be right.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
my eyes went retarded the first lesson of yr11 o__O i'm not joking! during the holidays i could see fine, but suddenly in class, i couldn't freaking read the whiteboard. now i'm so shortsighted, it's not funny :(

MouNtY

so if you have better than 20/20 vision does that mean you eyes are like binoulars or something?

(i know. stupid question. but i want to know the answer)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
No it just means that you see more detail.

I dont know if it was 20/20 vision I have cause Ive only been told Im passed and I needed 20/20 or better to pass.

20/20 means you see a level of detail at 20feet at which a "normal" person sees at 20feet.

20/40 means you see a level of detail at 20 feet at which a "normal" person sees at 40feet.

Wohzazz

HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
No it just means that you see more detail.

I dont know if it was 20/20 vision I have cause Ive only been told Im passed and I needed 20/20 or better to pass.

20/20 means you see a level of detail at 20feet at which a "normal" person sees at 20feet.

20/40 means you see a level of detail at 20 feet at which a "normal" person sees at 40feet.
so poor vision is like 10/20 like i said before, how much is like a checkup? just curious

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
no 20/40 is poor vision, the first number is always (I think) 20,

20/10 is good vision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)