Extra UAI points for rural students? (1 Viewer)

ro

eh, im at a CAP school (country areas program) and lookin at uow real seriously :D

i did EES, and got a conditional entry, i need 78UAI to get into mechatronic eng. fingers crossed.

but if i was a gong shire student i would get extra 3 points on UAI right, im not :p but becoz im @ a CAP school or rurally disadvantaged school does that mean i get 5UAI points ontop of my UAI?

im curious coz ppl at UOW say yer i do. but careers advisor had never heard of it and it cant be found on the website!! argh!

im also wondering how it works, becoz ive submitted EAS form saying im @ a CAP school giving me special consideration, and im entering through EES conditional offer.. are they going to put 1+1 together and make my conditional entry UAI of 78, 73?

so two questions thx. :D wish me luck

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Ok, don't take my word as gospel... I doubt they'll put 1 + 1 together because that'd be smart and I think that even though the offers are for the same thing, they are considered seperate offers.... best thing to try is just to harass your careers advisor to ring people and demand to find out, or even ring the relevant people yourself... the internet is good but often you need to talk directly to someone when your problem doesn't make the Top 10 FAQ's.

ro

ok thx mate, i was planning on ringing uow like.. in a few weeks, to see whether i get 5 Points and whether that would be taken into account with the conditional EES offer

cheers *

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Best time to ring is sometime in the next 2 weeks as this semester has just finished and summer session hasn't started yet so Administration should be relatively quiet and willing to help you more thoroughly than at the beginning of sessions where the admin building is mayhem.

Ribbon

if you do ring, post the results here please :) :)

BTW - LMAO at your sig...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)