Extention music or not? (1 Viewer)

kat1809

HSC
hey im currently a sixth grade ameb flute player and i have a lot of musicality and will to work hard, and a persistance for detail i should add. im doing music 2 and plan on electing musicology tho i LOVE performance. this week i did the best performance i have EVER done with this awesomme cadenza at our end of year recital.. a complete thrill ride..
and now they want me to consider doing extention apparently.
im wondering if im going to be slammed compared with whats out there cos im not at a great grade really in comparison.. i really want a decent uai, they seem to be sure i can do it tho.. and id love to add more performance cos currently im only performing once!
but im worried.
any advice?
music extention will b my 12th unit along with ext. english.. so may not even be counted i spose...
BAHH help!

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
I think you should definately give extension ago! and if you feel that it is too much, you could always drop it :)

2hi2u

HSC
yeah give it a go...
just remember... for music ext, the state median was 46 i think...
so see how it goes
its definately a lot of work and added with all your other subjects, it may become a time issue

laurenxoxo

HSC
To be honest, i wouldn't if I were you. If you're talented and get really into it, you can score big doing music1 or music 2without a lot of effort. I've never done an AMEB exam in my life and with little effort, managed to get 94 in music1 which really brought up my UAI. Extension a lot of extra effort you could use for a subject you might struggle with. If you can play, well, YOU CAN PLAY. I don't think you should do extention just to prove it. By the way, I didn't mean that in a derogatory manner :)
A lot less stress for (pretty much) a guaranteed blitz.

RJO1988

HSC
I think give it a shot... why not?!! I did HSC in 05 and I was in the same position as you were... ended up with E4 and I was pretty happy. Was it hard work? I didn't do performance (although doing performance degree now at the Con) so I couldn't tell you what it was like back then, but 12 people in my school, in my grade, did Ext. Mus. and we were ALL neck to neck... I think performance is a little harder... a lot more preperation. I did all of my compositions (Mus. 2 and Ext. Mus) within less then 2 weeks before the due date. All I can say if any of yous doing composition... don't be stupid like me because I killed my self back then. :D All the best in whatever you do!! But you should definantly go for it!! It's fun as!!

kimywis

HSC
I reckon you should so give it a go! At my school music 2 didn't run cause no-one else wanna going to give it a go... But I wanted to so I could do the extenison music but wasn';t allowed so I say give it a go. and even if it doesn't count it will look good in a resume! LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)