Extensions on Assessments? (1 Viewer)

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
I was diagnosed with clinical depression not too long ago and it has now begun to affect seemingly everything. I can't concentrate, stay idle without anxiety building up and essentially feel like crap every waking moment, I sometimes also stay at home for days at a time doing nothing. I have several assessments due next week but I know I can't finish them at this rate. I have to go to the hospital as well after school for two days and I just don't know what to do...
Should I ask for an extension? What do I do if they don't give me one? This is terrible...

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Asking for an extension is better than doing nothing. If you can't work then have a rest. I'm sure understand the circumstances the teachers will give you an extension. It's Year 11 anyway, so take a deep breath and relax. Your health should come first.

Gigacube

HSC
Get an extension but you may need to provide proof of why you are applying. Just ask your doctor for a signed note explaining that you've been diagnosed with clinical depression.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I was diagnosed with clinical depression not too long ago and it has now begun to affect seemingly everything. I can't concentrate, stay idle without anxiety building up and essentially feel like crap every waking moment, I sometimes also stay at home for days at a time doing nothing. I have several assessments due next week but I know I can't finish them at this rate. I have to go to the hospital as well after school for two days and I just don't know what to do...
Should I ask for an extension? What do I do if they don't give me one? This is terrible...

Use your school's assessment guidelines to apply for an extension. As this will possibly continue to affect you into Year 12 get as much medical support as possible to support future claims as well. Talk to your Year Advisor or whoever is the guidance person at your school but by all means apply for extension - but with medical certificates - without them you may not get the extensions - depends on your school (mine won't allow extensions from Year 10 up without Drs Certificates but other schools might).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)