Extension subjects? (1 Viewer)

Graceuf

HSC
So its coming to the point where dropping subjects is becoming a possibility (yay!) and also picking up extension subjects (yay?).

So my subjects currently are;
• 3U Maths
• Advanced English
• Chemistry
• Biology
• Ancient History
• Music 1

Now music is definitely going. My marks are horrible, I'm not enjoying it and that has already been decided. Which gives me 11 units.

But I'm also considering picking up 4U maths, which I have been contemplating for a while. And we've recently been told their going to run History Extension next year so I'm thinking about that too. Is 13 units in year 12 too much? I know I could drop Chem or Bio but I really enjoy them and go pretty well.

So 4U would be really rewarding and I really do enjoy maths I'm coming 5th and 1st in 2U and 3U respectively but I've heard it's a fair bit of work.

I'm currently aceing Ancient though. Another subject I love and have been going really well (First in every assessment so far).

So this has been kinda long and ranty but I'd really appreciate any suggestions on what I should do would be very helpful.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
What type of marks are you getting in mathematics (both 2 unit/3 unit)? Also have a look at the past performance of individuals undertaking the four unit
mathematics/extension history. Do you really enjoy mathematics? And feel like devoting a substantial part of your study to mathematics?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
• 3U Maths
• Advanced English
• Chemistry
• Biology
• Ancient History
• Extension History

Is probably what I would recommend you to undertake next year.

Graceuf

HSC
What type of marks are you getting in mathematics (both 2 unit/3 unit)? Also have a look at the past performance of individuals undertaking the four unit
mathematics/extension history. Do you really enjoy mathematics? And feel like devoting a substantial part of your study to mathematics?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
• 3U Maths
• Advanced English
• Chemistry
• Biology
• Ancient History
• Extension History

Is probably what I would recommend you to undertake next year.
I think around 80% for both. We rarely have students doing 4U. No one is this year. Last year one of my friends sister did but she hasn't looked at her HSC marks apparently so I don't know how well we go. I do enjoy maths and I do study a lot for it but I think I'm going to stay with 3U.

Now I just need to find more information on this Extension History course...

Renko

HSC
Since your school doesn't have a regular history of people doing 4u, I wouldn't recommend doing it. If you're keen and are willing to devote a lot of time studying it, then by all means try it out. You could always drop it later on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)