extension sdd (1 Viewer)

Should there be an Extension SDD

• yes

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • no

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
HSC
hey i rekon it would be cool if there was an extension sdd unit that was total algorithms and programming for year 12 and u do major project cause that would be sooooo cool... well i thnk it would be... cause i love programmin

anyways please answer what ya think

HSC
well im still doing a major project in sdd but technically u only have to do 30% programming but we do like 80%

Merforga

I luv programming too, but the fact remains that the theory is just as important. I don't really see what they could put in the ext sdd course other than Uni content.

HSC
like i rekon it would be good if it was purely a unit to teach u how to programme like none of this social stuff but ud do that in 2unit sdd and the all the rest of the thoery but purely a teaching course and the school can decide what language u use... sorta like extension 2 english where u do a major all year but they teach programmin

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
There used to be one... 3U Computing Studies.

It's a shame it was abolished. :(

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
There used to be one... 3U Computing Studies.

It's a shame it was abolished. :(
yep the old course was 100 times better
it was pure software, without the bloated crap that the boardofstudies likes to put into every course....the only course which i think is still pure and to the point is four unit maths

sunny

meh.
HSC
The 3U Computing Studies course wasn't just programming...it was studying computers in general.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
yeh wasn't it like ipt and then you can choose to add on an extension unit of 3units of computering, witht the 1unit being totally software oriented
but now software is 2units and there so much more unecessary crap added onto it

hornetfig

HSC
yes, the old 2U Computing Studies course was like a cross between SDD and IPT. The 3U included, amongst other things, a slightly modified version of The Evolution of Programming Languages; just to turn some of you off if you are lamenting the current situation...

Mithoric

HSC
I'd like an extension but our sdd teacher couldn't hack it :p ... Especially if there was a lot more programming ..

HSC
slide... no they didnt they made 4, 3 unit harder 2 the same and general easier

the sdd course was made up of engineering studies 3unit computing and 2unit.... only in parts

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
I'd imagine in extension sdd, you would have to code operating systems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)