Extension History '08 (1 Viewer)

smurfygirl

HSC
N/A
Kujah said:
After watching Pirates of the Carribean this year, I was also interested in doing Pirates as well :uhhuh:
I sincerely hope that you're not serious. If you were in my class and your reason for doing pirates was that film, I would strongly advise you against it.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
bling05 said:
Bahaha David Irving, a very credible source :rofl::rofl:
Yep, but his book is good to an extent. Will be treading it with cautiousness though :D

I sincerely hope that you're not serious. If you were in my class and your reason for doing pirates was that film, I would strongly advise you against it.
That was one of my brainstorming ideas, but seeing that my interest in WWII is far stronger than pirates, I decided to do the bombing of Dresden.

blogthis

HSC
wow your classes are so small...we have 28 people in our extension class. i kinda wish it was smaller cause the class can get really loud.

We are going to do JFK for our case study...i'm looking forward to it...i dont know much about him

-coffee-addict-

HSC
hey im kinda new to all of this but hi

i started my ext history class today... what is history?? that question is gonna drive me crazy by the end of next year...
theres 4 people in my class... i think it'll get smaller though, that could b interesting.

sappysista

HSC
My school is doing JFK. Should be interesting. I wanted to do the IRA for my major work but it is studied in the modern course so I can't do it.
It's pretty irritating..

Cheap Thrills

HSC
Heya, havent posted in a couple of weeks.
Anyway, we're doing Elizabeth I for our case study. There's about 9 of us I think, which I reckon is pretty friggin impressive for a rural public school. For my project I'm looking at the long-term ramifications of colonisation in the Congo area including Rwanda and other places. We haven't really started the What is History yet, cos our teacher has been away for two weeks, and before that he was trying to get us on track with our projects. So yeah.

leannespeaks

HSC
we're approximately 6 people in our class...5 girls, 1 guy

we're doing JFK as well. I want to do Jesus Christ but the teacher ended up choosing JFK( oh well...)

for my research project , i think I'm having a feel to do the Guillotine, Salem Witch burning, something to do with Auschwitz or French revolution.

But i'm still muddled though.......

Last edited:
J

jess36

i am tossing up between;
the changing interpretations of the role of women and men in society.
and
the changing interpretations of the life and death of marilyn monroe.

leannespeaks

HSC
jess36 said:
i am tossing up between;
the changing interpretations of the role of women and men in society.
and
the changing interpretations of the life and death of marilyn monroe.

good stuff you got there...esp. with Monroe

Rainy4

HSC
my school is doing Elizabeth I - case study in our class of five people and im the only modern history student in the class the rest are ancient
so fun fun we are spending more time that usual on the ancient historians side of Ext history.....fun fun

icv

HSC
Think I'm doing Tacitus or Napolean, depends on waht teacher chooses

slowjam10

HSC
well we're doing Elizabeth for our case study...our teacher is so into it ..so that's really good...but we're not starting the classes till next year for this term it's just work on the major work

so anyone got any ideas for their major works yet?:):)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
slowjam10 said:
well we're doing Elizabeth for our case study...our teacher is so into it ..so that's really good...but we're not starting the classes till next year for this term it's just work on the major work

so anyone got any ideas for their major works yet?:):)
:uhhuh:

Whether or not the Bombing of Dresden was a war crime. Something on those lines :)

trips to USyd's Fisher library is planned for me.

melross

HSC
N/A
blogthis said:
wow your classes are so small...we have 28 people in our extension class. i kinda wish it was smaller cause the class can get really loud.

We are going to do JFK for our case study...i'm looking forward to it...i dont know much about him
yea i agree we have 2 full classes doing ext
and you guys all seem to start late
ive had classes since 1st week of term
were doing elizabeth 1
thinking of doing the controversy surrounding william shakespeare and if he actually wrote all/any of the works he claims to have written
hmm what do you guys think?

osamabanana

HSC
well our class is only 6 people and it started as 8. there was one ancient history person to begin with but she left. We are doing the american revolution as our case study. Ive really got no idea for my case study my interest is indochina but as they are covered in both preliminary and HSC courses i don't think there is much there to do. other than that WWII is my other interest but i don't really know what to do in that regard. is it only things your class has studied that you cannot do or is it all things covered by the hsc or preliminary course whether you actually did them?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
osamabanana said:
well our class is only 6 people and it started as 8. there was one ancient history person to begin with but she left. We are doing the american revolution as our case study. Ive really got no idea for my case study my interest is indochina but as they are covered in both preliminary and HSC courses i don't think there is much there to do. other than that WWII is my other interest but i don't really know what to do in that regard. is it only things your class has studied that you cannot do or is it all things covered by the hsc or preliminary course whether you actually did them?

The syllabus says that you can't do something that significantly overlaps the course for any examinable SC or HSC syllabus. That means that anything that is on the syllabus, not just what you study is out but many teachers are ignoring that.

World War Two is such a huge topic that quite a lot isn't mentioned e.g the War in the Atlantic, Italy and other Mediterranean campaigns except North Africa so looking at the reasons for the success of the Germans in Crete (using paratroops) and Hitler's post Crete attitude would be possible.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
But alot of the really interesting stuff in WWII is in the current Conflict in Europe/Pacific modules. :)

rach19

HSC
osamabanana said:
Urgh im doing American Revolution too, teacher chose it.

Im doing Ironage Britian, focus on archeology as my case study.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)