Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Stenogramm

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Business Class

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

RJ

HSC
How many of us do Extension German? I haven't come across anyone yet! What are your favourite short stories?

tarini

HSC
I am starting Extension German next term... our teacher was really hazy and vague about it- how is it?

RJ

HSC
I love it, although my teacher is a real slave driver (which is probably good in the long run!) Not only does it scale really well, but it improves your continuers too. The HSC speaking is quite daunting, but at least you get it out of the way in August. My advice - go for it, you've basically got nothing to lose!

fitz33

HSC
where are you guys finding good practice questions to do for extension? i cant find much good stuff

RJ

HSC
for the third section, have you tried the HSC Online site? From memory, it covers the three issues with practice questions that is worth a look. It's more difficult to find material for the story related sections, but the two past HSC papers should be a guide

fitz33

HSC
yeah, the two past hsc's are just about the only thing on the stories. hsc online has a few, but not much.

tarini

HSC
So what exactly are the tasks involved- I know there is a monologue and short stories- but does it also help you in your Continuers course?

fitz33

HSC
you have to read five short stories that all have to do with certain "prescribed issues", which are:
1. divisions in society
2. pressures on the individual
3. overcoming adversity

the speaking test is two monologues on topics to do with the above issues.
the written exam has a short answer section which is answered in english about the stories you have studied. then there is an extended response in german about one of the short stories. the last section is a writing task about one of the prescribed issues.

it is really helpful with continuers cuz you get a lot more practice in german and also you pick up good expressions which you can use in your 2U.

tarini

HSC
Thanks for all the info- I am going to trial German extension for next term and see how it goes but it sounds interesting and I am going to Germany on exchange next holidays so hopefully that will help!

Mz_Baybee

i do german extension and continuers. I havent even started any of the work i have received during year 12 hehe its easy anyways. What did u's get in ur trial?

fitz33

HSC
i got close to 90% for both, how bout u?
are u a native speaker?

RJ

HSC
I got 92 in continuers and didn't do my extension paper - which I'm semi-regretting now just for the practice. Oh well!

Ella

Hey guys
i was just wondering how uz went in ur German Extion Trail? anywyz, do any of uz come from a german background ??
Well i did my German extention trail at parra n foud it pretty hard !@ :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)