Extension English - Module B, Elective 1: After the Bomb (1 Viewer)

hano

HSC
Has anyone got any practice essay questions / creative writing stimulus' ?

Would very much appreciate them

Freckles14

HSC
I do Crime Fiction, but here's two from an ETA paper:

Q7a) "It is not who we fight for, but what we believe in that defines us."
Write an essay in which you evauate the extent to which this is true of TWO prescribed texts and at least TWO texts of your own choosing.

Q7b) "The Cold War is best understood by examining the ways that ideologies and individuals are represented by different texts."
Write an essay in which you evauate the extent to which this is true of TWO prescribed texts and at least TWO texts of your own choosing.

The creative stimulus is an image from bbalakov's Flickr photostream, of four Lego people raising an American flag.
Q8 Use the image provided as the basis of a piece of writing exploring the relationship between war and depression.

Hope that helps. I'm screwed for my elective so might as well help others :)

alina yousif

HSC
I was going to ask the same question... Do people have romanticism questions. I have the cssa paper. Who wants questions from there?

hano

HSC
ergh, i hope they dont give us something about "war and depression," my story is all about a stupid small town being scared of communists. i guess i could adapt it...if i really tried.

ive found a link to the independant paper if people want it?
http://mscw.catholic.edu.au/Assessments/CSSATrials2006/2009/Independent/

thanks for the questions! i really need to practice adapting to a question so i dont get too bogged down in my pre-written essay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)