Extension dropouts (1 Viewer)

super_moron

Originally posted by ~dEjA vOuX~
We started with maybe 60. Now I think there are about 40 people

40 people! thats more than the ancient AND modern history classes put together in my school :jaw:

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by super_moron
40 people! thats more than the ancient AND modern history classes put together in my school :jaw:
I never really thought about it as a lot of people until I read some other people's class numbers...

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
there were maybe 20 in my class and there's 10 now but I think most have just changed to the other class (instead of dropping it altogether) 'cause they don't like our teacher.
I would drop it, if I could (should have listened when they said it would be a bad 10th unit!), just becuase we hav it for 1.5hrs on a Monday each week and I don't do any work for it during the rest of the week... gonna fail...

kt

HSC
i'm the only person in my school doing ext history, so i just have classes when the teacher and i both have frees.

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by kt
i'm the only person in my school doing ext history, so i just have classes when the teacher and i both have frees.
That must be kind of creepy

G

~ Gemima ~

My class was pretty full, somewhere around 25, now we've only got about 8 which is really good. Its better having a smaller class.

kt: that must be really weird just you and the teacher.

Last edited by a moderator:

LoLa

dear nessie lee

the reason why you do an elective is because you may be passionate about the topic your doing.
that generally means that you tolerate the early mornings and dont complain about the teacher thats been assigned to take your class and not just in this subject but all of your others because most people who access this site dont want to know about any nutter teacher or morning lesson that doesnt cater to your needs.

everyone is in the same boat... except it and move on.
that way instead of complaining about your dire situation some work may be done in the place of your whinning

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
relax lola, i think ppl are just letting off steam from the uhh "stresses" of the early morning classes and the late afternoons....what ur saying is true but it IS annoying to not have extension classess timetabled, ad from doing 3 extension classes myself, i know how bloody frustrating it is...

LoLa

thats understandable, i too find myself doing 3 extension courses
it is exausting and the workload is crazy
but
that doesnt at all mean we should be hung up on the fact that we are disadvantaged in anyway. i am in a very small class, sometimes less than 5 turn up of a morning
that suits me, discussions suit me better.

super_moron

yeh discussions pretty cool...especially after most ppl dropped the class, the 4 of us, teacher included, would spend more than half the time discussing stuff...its a pretty good way to learn..

kevash

Originally posted by Lightglobe
We had 4 last year. After 2 lessons the only girl dropped out so now there is 3 of us and we all guys. And our teacher is slightly insane, but a good teacher all the same
Honestly Lightglobe consider your self lucky being in a blokes only class. im the only guy in a class of 11 girls (forget about picking up) and every class there has to be a huge feminism debate which as the only guy is really boring. back to the topic, my class started with 16 people and now down 12

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
we are down to 5 pl and i like it cos im more likely to speak up and join in discussions in a small group

kt

HSC
Yeah, it is weird. And lonely. But its good in some ways- I'm guaranteed first (though also last) place, and I get the whole history faculty helping me, and I get to have the assessments due when it suits me!

ms.cinderella

HSC
we started with 24.. now there's only around 16.
and my class is scheduled after school every thursday

Emma8701

We started wit about 12 but now theres 9 of us but its a class mixed of 3 ancient and 6 modern.. we av 2 get der ful early evry thursday n stay full late each tuesday jus drags on

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
eiiii, i am the only "modern" student in my class, the rest are either "ancient" or both modern and ancient! i feel so left out when they are discussing spartacus and hepchaps or whatever LOL my teachers (i have two for ext hist) tries to squeeze in modern examples and discussions whenever they can for my sake though :(

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah, my exthist teacher focuses on ancient stuff. I think there's only 3 kids in the class out of 12 that are from modern...

We're doing Thucydides for the case study and most of the Mod. people have no idea WTF is going on with the names, places, dates, events that he keeps referring to and saying affected the bloke. Meanwhile, the ancient people know... grr...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
argh, thank god we only do thucydides as a single reading..i would be stuffed if we did that as a case study...

DopeyB

HSC
im really up shit creek without a paddle, with the project. should i drop it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)