Extension dropouts (1 Viewer)

super_moron

hey everyone, my ext history class started in term 4 last yr with 12 students in it...now its about week 4 term 1, and now im one of only 3 people left, everyone else dropped it...has this happened to any other classes out there?:confused:

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
we had ppl dropping out the first lesson, but its a decent size now no dramas

Ziff

HSC
N/A
We have dropping out happening all over the place. It's a shambles.

super_moron

another question: does your school timetable ext history into normal school times? cause ive got to stay back at school every thursday till 5pm because we do it afterschool....

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
our class has gone from 24 in the beginning, to 8!...a whopping 16 people have dropped out. It's a nice size class now though, and we all know each other, so it's all good! To answer your other question, ext his isn't on our normal timetable. We have a class every friday morning from 7:30 am till skool start (8:45), and a class every 2nd tuesday arvo after skool... sucky!

super_moron

actually its totally different to ancient/modern history courses...theres not much actual core work. it focuses on histiography...what is history, what's its purpose, who writes history and why they write in a certain way and stuff...mostly independent research work...theres source work, a case study and a personal interest project

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
we started with about 8 or 9 i think and now there are about 4 left...ppl have been commenting that "it's a bit much" but its honestly truly only 1u worth of work whereas extension eng 1 and 2 sometimes seems to border on the amount of time and effort of a 2u subject!

Lena

HSC
N/A
*grins* hello everyone. wow my first post. what a milestone. :p sorry answering your question my class started with only 5 people. and we only lost one. also our class is timetabled outside of school time as well. monday afternoons until 5 pm. its not too bad, compared with english extension (after school until 6 pm).
but starting with 32, shelley! thats incredible! *jaw drops*

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Originally posted by super_moron
another question: does your school timetable ext history into normal school times? cause ive got to stay back at school every thursday till 5pm because we do it afterschool....
We stay back till 5 on tuesday its not fun, one day i have 8 periods no frees, the other tuesday i have 4 periods of history... :s

C'est la vie

Currently we haven't had any drop outs with my ext class, which I suppose is a good thing! Though personally, I can't stand my teacher! We didn't get it timetabled either, so we have a class til 5:30pm every Monday. Ugh!

How's everyone going with their topics?

Mike iE

HSC
We started with 5, and one dropped it. We have classes monday arvo from 3:30-5pm and every 2nd wednesday at 8-8:45am.
Mondays i have double modern last 2 periods then ext history.

erica

HSC
hey, we started with about 40 or so, and i dont think anyones dropped out, we have three different classes though. we had the option of being timetabled or not depending on the case study and ur other subjects, but im out side of school so its one morning and one arvo each week(730-820 and 330-500)

Jennibeans

HSC
we started with 10 now we have 4 left. our classes arent timetabled in either we stay back on mondays til 5pm. from what the girls who dropped the class said they just couldnt be bothered doing the reading. what can i say to that other than if you didn't want to read why do an extension course?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
uh oh it sounds as if everyone is doing at least 2 hrs a week of ext hist...we're only doing 1 hr a week and according to the syllabus, the amount of hrs equate to 2 hrs a week officially....im worried now...i thought about it last yr but didnt bother brining it up but now that we're this far into yr 12, i think ill ask the two teachers about it....anyway sorry to go off topic

jennibeans: thats just dumb. not wanting to do the readings is just stupid. u can't get through ext hist without doin readings. good. they dropped out. good riddance to bad luggage

Last edited:

Ziff

HSC
N/A
We have 2hrs of Ext Hist on Thursday afternoons from 12.30 to 2.30 (during junior sport).
My school has the best timetable system, all extension courses fit into the normal school times - it's fantastic.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
We have 2hrs of Ext Hist on Thursday afternoons from 12.30 to 2.30 (during junior sport).
My school has the best timetable system, all extension courses fit into the normal school times - it's fantastic.
yeah but it has the worst colour scheme ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)