Extension courses for year 12? And what are you dropping? (1 Viewer)

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
ahah it's kenny ._.

4u eng (or 3u .. 4u teacher is scary..)
3u maths
phys
chem
eco

13 units.. altogeether. maybe 12.

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
boasboy said:
ahah it's kenny ._.

4u eng (or 3u .. 4u teacher is scary..)
3u maths
phys
chem
eco

13 units.. altogeether. maybe 12.

but 4u eng doesn't even have actual lessons does it?

ART

HSC
reconsider doing history extension

EskimoPunk said:
I was considering Extension 2 English, but I don't really know what the course involves, I only know that its a lot of work and I'm not really planning on working all the hard. Makes sense...or not. I'm probably doing Extension History though, History's fun times. Definately dropping Chemistry.
hi. no offense, but if you are "not really planning on working all the hard" during the hsc year, you should at least reconsider doing history extension. History extension involves MUCH more effort, time and work than just a normal 2 unit course. It involves heavy analysis, long essays, major writing project, and the markers will compare your performance to the top of the top history students in the state. Also, although i feel like a complete jerk-in-love-with-herself for saying this, if you and many other people who don't attempt to work Hard in the history ext, course, the scaled marks for hist. ext. will decrese, which is bad news for peolpe who intend to study real hard for this course.
Remember, the more people who join a course, the less the course will be scaled up. I f you look at the scaled marks of History extension over the past 3 years (available at this website) you will see that the scaled marks for this course is steadily decreasing. This is because more and more people are joining Hist. Ext. not because they are good at history, but because they think its "fun" or sill be highly scaled. Oh, and my modern history teacher remarked a few weeks ago that the external assessment component is going to get harder in order to separate the people who are not as competent as the top notch students. I hope this comment was useful.

Seung.Hur

H2O
HSC
Taking up:
4U English
4U Maths
3U Chinese
1U Religion

Yr. 11 Subjects were:
3U English
3U Maths
2U Chinese
2U Chemistry
2U Accelerated IPT
1U Religion

Chemistry was the only real subject I dropped. I have a higher passion for Chinese, and I really despised Chemistry...

tanzy

HSC
hey!
im droppin ext eng coz i suck at enG! :S
soo nxt yr im doin
4u maths, 2u english, chem, eco n bio
12 units....im thinkin of dropping either chem or bio but dunno which one =|

somnambulist

I picked up History Extension and dropped Modern History, thank God. I hated Modern with a passion, that class was so damn boring!

VieTz_88

VieTz
HSC
hehe I just dropped modern hist this week so I'm doing 4maths,2engadv,2chem,2eco.

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
mine are gay, i have 13 units
4u maths
2u engl
2u phys
2u bio
2u chem
SORI
i can drop SOR FUKKKKKKKKKKKK
n i wanna drop 2 11 units
i could drop bio or chem. Physic getting ~ 95%
Chem i get ~90% and Bio i get~ 85%
as u can see bio is my worst but in my half yearlys i did the best in physics and worst in chem, but in the yearlies i did best in chem n worst in bio. so it is a bit everywere and i dont wanna drop a subject im doin well in. also i like bio the best but it is my worst :S im so confuzed. oh well ill prob jus do 13 units :D

miss_pixie

HSC
4u maths
4u english
2u phys
2u chem

I dropped IPT end of yr 11. That was just a total waste of my time for a year..pff we did stuff all..
So i got 12 units but the workload is too big and i procrastinate when ive got too much to do.. i want to drop chem probably to go to 10 units cos thats the subject i find the least interesting but im worried about not having anything to fall back on if i stuff something up or change my mind later.. But i would have heaps more time to focus on maths and english if i drop chem.. anyone got any advice?

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
I'm doing the same subects as you (4U math, 4U eng, phys & chem) and you should probably keep chem unless you've already completed an HSC course or you don't care about getting a UAI. Check out the rules and you'll see that you need to have 4 different subjects, so maybe that makes your "choice" easier. The work load is pretty big, but it's manageable. The math all helps itself out and english ext. 2 is pretty bludgy. The only real options you have (once again, unless you've already done an HSC course) are to cut away an extension course or two. But they're the fun ones, So I wouldn't if I were you but then again I'm me.

freaked!

15 units (but im probably going to have a break down at some stage in the year, the local psychiatrist has me penciled in)

4u english
5u history
2u drama
2u dance
2u maths (general)

maybe i should drop but the only thing that i might drop would be history extension...any thoughts on this

miss_pixie

HSC
Thanks Kfunk.. lol i havent done any other hsc courses in the past so i guess i dont have a choice then!
It's probably safer with 12 anyway..

Moonlite

HSC
I dropped IPT because I found it soo boring plus the teacher sucked. So many people dropped it in my class too, and there are like only 6 people left... lol I heard she got the point that no one likes her and she's been acting really grumpy towards the rest of the class and having all these tantrums...hehee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)