Extension 2 major work proposal (1 Viewer)

Lauren22

HSC
I've been given criteria to construct my proposal;

• The sources of its inspiration
  • The type of medium chosen and why
  • The intended programme of research
  • The underlying central philosophical and theoretical basis
  • Its eventual structure
The 3rd, 4th and 5th are confusing me. Has anyone else been given similar criteria?

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Lauren22 said:
I've been given criteria to construct my proposal;

• The sources of its inspiration
  • The type of medium chosen and why
  • The intended programme of research
  • The underlying central philosophical and theoretical basis
  • Its eventual structure
The 3rd, 4th and 5th are confusing me. Has anyone else been given similar criteria?
Shouldn't you have done your proposal by now?

Lauren22

HSC
we only just got the assessment on the last day of term 4 2007. we probably should have, but my teacher has strange methods.

starrysky

HSC
Schools vary the due dates of their assessments of their own accord; I had my Proposal due about three-quarters through Term 4 in 2006. Some people from other schools whom I met at a study day in late February of last year hadn't been asked by their teachers handed in theirs yet.

Back on-topic here, I had a similar structure for my proposal. Your intended program of research is essentially the plan you have in regards to how you'll conduct your research into your themes and concepts. Such as how you intend to usse a variety of media (e.g. library books, audio information, as well as online info, etc.) in order to gain a greater understanding and more substantial insight into your ideas.

With the fourth dot point, I'll be completely frank in that I have very little idea what to help you with there (although waking up 15 minutes ago with a massive hangover does NOT help :p), although considering that philosophy deals with a particular branch of knowledge or truth, I'd say maybe discuss how you want to use your MW as a vessel to explore the boundaries of the truth of the concepts that you're depicting in your piece, or if you plan to have your Major Work as a piece that stays within the boundaries of the concepts but explores the meaning behind the concepts, etc. etc. Blah blah. *scratches chin*

The eventual structure basically talks about not only what medium you'll end up choosing for your MW, but also its skeleton. So if you're choosing a short story, but also twisting the conventions of the short story genre by including post-modernist snippets to add deeper meaning and allow for more diverse interpretation (I'm just pulling this all outta my ass at the moment), talk about that. Also, here is where you can talk about plot or underlying concept(s), and how you'll use certain parts of the MW to accentuate particular parts of the storyline, etc. etc.

Hope I helped? And good luck for your Proposal! :)

FerengCheng

Inactive account
HSC
I think I screwed my proposal.

What the teachers/markers want is for you to tell them what you're doing, how you're going to do it, and why.
Eg. My major work focuses primarily on the concept of materialism and how it is apparent in many aspects of life. This will be achieved by using first person interior monologue for my protagonist, who is disillusioned with life due to materialsim. I will present it this way as I feel that materialism's pervasiveness is most aptly described through a personal voice.

Does that help?

turtleman91

Secret Nerd
HSC
i'm trying to do mine as well!
im half way through and i've run out of things to say.
i've said everything that's on the criteria sheet but i know that i need more.
i can't wait to get past this and start actually writing my piece!!!!!!!!!
hahahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)