Extension 2 English Video Tutor & Editor (1 Viewer)

cblok

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,

I'm a 3rd year Film, English and Performance Studies student at Sydney University who's offering his services as a tutor, editor or anything else you need me for to make your video for Extension 2 English (or drama, or any other courses that have a video component).

A bit about me:

I made quite a few videos during senior highschool including one for Extension 2 English of which I recieved a High Distinction mark. I have also made several videos for Yr 11 Drama and Extension 1 English.

I am currently 3 years into a B. Arts (Film, English, Performance) degree at Sydney University and since completing my HSC have made quite a few other videos including 2 for the Shootout Film Festival - www.theshootout.com.au

I have worked on a number of professional shoots including short films, video clips and advertisements.

Currently I work through my own company ('Writer's Blok Productions') making corporate, wedding and events videos and as a contract editor. Visit the website if you have time - www.users.bigpond.net.au/writersblokproductions

I own a fantastic editing suite, 3CCD video camera with external shotgun microphone, tripods, steadicam (home made but works great!) and a bunch of other stuff that could make your video look fantastic - including a smoke machine!

My Services:
I'd be happy to show you the ins and outs of making a video for the HSC. I can tailor my tutoring services to beginners, intermediate or advanced film students.

I've been there and done that and know that you're on a tight budget. I seriously think I could help you make your film look as if it was filmed on very expensive equipment even if it was made with a $300 camera.

Alternatively, I can edit the video for you and help you shoot and produce it.

Send me an email with any questions (writers_blok_productions@hotmail.com) instead of answering to this thread as I probably won't check it very often.

As for price, we'll work that out depending on what you need me for, but I can assure you it won't be any more than you would pay a science / maths / english etc. tutor.

Christiaan Blok
'Writer's Blok Productions'
writers_blok_productions@hotmail.com

Last edited:

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
Isnt the purpose of extension wo for the student to write/shoot/produce, not have a professional do it for them???

The tutoring idea is cool for those who want to brush up on skills but - I think it is frowned upon if someone else does the technical work......:burn:

cblok

HSC
Uni Grad
The BOS stipulates that the student is required to write, produce and direct the short film, which is already far more than a professional film maker will do themselves.

I don't write students' films, nor produce or direct - if the student can do it themselves I make them do it. When I say "help film", I mean just that. I come on-set and guide the students through the film making process. If they do however need me to film (for example they are acting in it), I'm happy to do that, however creative control is still the sole responsibility of the student. Ultimately the student (director) is in control. If you have ever been on a professional shoot you will quickly realise that the director rarely even touches the camera yet has most of the control over it.

As for editing, all of my students so far have chosen to edit themselves after learning how to from me. If however they desperately needed me to edit I'm a firm believing in keeping the student in control of the whole project. I am just a medium helping them along. They tell me when to cut, what effects to put in etc.

Just to clarify, I'm not the cheat-sheet of Extension 2 English. I find it much more rewarding getting to student to do and understand what they are doing.

I now have many students who have learned and are learning how to create a great short film - starting from scripting, through camera work all the way to editing and they have done and understood all of these processes through my workshops and tutoring.

Regards,

Christiaan Blok.

PS. Need tutoring? :)

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
well, ok - just it annys me those people who do cheat their way through
so no quams with you :D
thanx for clarifying

and no thanx - i too have a pro editing suite at home and i am well versed on it so - no help needed here + i am done with HSC now
just coming back to see if i can add anythign from last years experience

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)