Extension 1 English HELP!!!! (1 Viewer)

TheVuk

HSC
So im doing extension one english and im a bit ucked. Does anyone here know what the sructure of the exam is like, all i know is it is two hours with two one hour sections. I dont know which modules are targeted in which section and whatnot. Also, any tips for whats most important to study.

Thank U

TheVuk

HSC
I think it's 25 marks for the first section which is based on your common module Literary worlds and it's like unseen for advanced where you make an essay/creative on the spot based on two stimulus. The second section is also 25 marks and is an essay based on your optional module which is specific to the school/class you're per your teacher's discretion.
oooooooft, that helps. So no short answer, just two essays, one on literary worlds (common module) and one on our elective module.

notme123

HSC
oooooooft, that helps. So no short answer, just two essays, one on literary worlds (common module) and one on our elective module.
Check the 2020 extension 1 hsc to get a feel. It's on NESA's website.

ebony_17

HSC
Section 1 can be be a either be critical and creative, creative and reflection, or just a critical piece. But regardless you still have to respond to at least 2 stimulus I believe. This section is based on the common module of literary worlds.

For section 2 it is a 25 mark essay one the elective your teacher chose : so reimagined worlds, worlds of upheaval .... For this section there could be just one question that applies to all electives or an individual question for each elective.

The ext 1 new syllabus makes it pretty unpredictable for the specifics of the exam. Have a look at the 2019 and 202 past papers and you'll see how different they are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)