• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ext 2 Ideas (1 Viewer)

sugarsweet

HSC
Today, I just went over my ideas for my research with my teacher and at the beginning of this term I was thinking of doing some sort of crime fiction related test however he said because it is a topic in extension 1 that he advised me not to do it. He asked me to think about my passions other than crime fiction (because it is a big passion of mine) however the other books/movies I read and watch are speculation text, ironically it is another topic of extension 1.

My original idea for researching was to look at post war texts and the effect of speculation to the future i.e George Orwell's 1984 was written in 1945 just at the ending of World War II and he reflected many beliefs that the world was changing especially since communism was beginning to spread around Europe. I was thinking of doing something similar but with the Iraqi War. However, I need to steer clear of speculation or only use it loosely...any ideas?

Thanks, any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated

FerengCheng

Inactive account
HSC
Well really, you should write a story which involves aspects of 2unit and 3 unit which you've studied. Apparently the markers like to see the compositions link to the other units, you see.

TheHobbit

HSC
I've heard of plenty of speculative short stories go well in Ext 2...and our class was also told to show a link to stuff that's been previously studied. A post-war reconstruction text on the effects of the Iraq war sounds interesting. It makes me think of Americanisation being king and everybody paranoid about Muslims to a ridiculous point...kinda like how it is now.
Anyway, good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)