• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ext.2 2008: Successes and failures (1 Viewer)

Garygaz

HSC
Hey guys and girls,

This thread is devoted to a general chit-chat of places in Ext. 2 where you've done great and others where you have not. So, what are you pleased with? Is the course what you expected? Has everything gone as planned?

If you're Mr. or Ms. perfect, don't come here bragging :p this thread is devoted to realistic responses.

To get it started, the idea I had planned for over a year ended up failing after about a term of trying to get it up and running :( No problems now though, found a new genre that suited me better as a writer :D

stillwaters

HSC
heya

ive kinda been swinging around with mine. im doing a critical response and i have enough words.... its just that it's all over the place and i dont know how to go about editing it and knowing if its making sense. i repeat myself alot and stuff like that... guess thats what first draft is for... ><
yea i went thru lots of ideas that kinda failed so im happy just to have pieces of paper with words...
the course- i dunno. i didnt really know what to expect because one of our teachers, right at the first lesson told us that by next year, half of us would be GONE. he ended up being right but it was stilll really intimidating. im glad im doing it even thou it causes freaking STRESS. definitely NO- things dont go to plan with me :p im meant to have a "complete and refined" version of my essay by week 5 for viva voce >< (hahaha- combination of nervous/ sarcastic laughter).... hmmm//
enjoy above paragraph of tought blurting out- ness. :bomb: <--- symbolic smiley for how ext feels sometimes. ^^

kthxbambi

HSC
i'm up to 2500 words
with like 9 pages of stuff i like but that doesnt quite fit/isnt up to top standard

i have characters and a basic plot
i'm just having trouble writing a realistic transmission for the characters
after that...hm iono

!!!!

GET FREE

HSC
Not in relation to the majoy work, I'm totally flailing with my journal. I don't if anyone else is in that boat, but I just don't have the commitment and self-discipline to update it more than once a month or so. It's basically empty and all I've scribbled in it is half-arsed attempts at updates: "...don't know where to take the characters...I've added more today....changed ideas..." and etc.

In relation to the major work, I cannot for the life of me find a climax. I can't think of one and I can't apply one. I've got a beginning and an end but not middle :(

stillwaters

HSC
m&ss2008 said:
:mad1: i thought we were talking about ext2 maths

maths is better guys
lol no way!! ^^ english all the way... except i like listening to ext 2 friends talking about ext 2 maths- its like their own language when theyre talking about complex numbers, imaginary no 'i' (???) erm... conics.... reverse integration (?????) >.<

i think i have to rewrite everything becuase it doesnt make sense. both techers were like- its all over the place and its a mess basically... but analysis is good ^^ but i actually have to have a unified thesis.... and a non-crappy introduction... hmm

memaa

It's unpossible!
HSC
aaahhh failures, where to start...
<O:p
well im doing a critical, and my teacher insisted i referred to literary theory. Well apart from not really understanding structuralism... signs and bla bla bla i changed my idea and instead of doing a novel and short story i decided to do film. <O:p
Then i got the bad news from my teacher again... Refer to Film theory! <O:p</O:p
Again i failed to understand what i was researching, and changed my idea. <O:p</O:p
So by that rate i had changed my idea more times then i could count on my fingers and was left pulling my hair out deciding what to do. (wow this is souding like my life story)<O:p
I finally decided what to do now. Here i am, attempting to write something half decent because immm soooo behind, with an concept im not completely happy with or really understand. (geez very positive sounding lol)<O:p</O:p
sooo very sleepy right now, and writing a paragraph at the rate of every two hours. i feel for us EE2 people who are so deprived of sleeeeep....:sleep:

but im on track so its good now!

goodluck everyone!

porquoispas

HSC
Well what can i say.. I still haven't started my journal.. Not even one page... i don't know why but i'm not the kind of person who can keep on writing in a journal.. i'm kinda freaked out because i'm going to have to backtrack

Hysterik

HSC
^ Don't worry about it too much. I spoke to a girl who got 50 last year and did her journal in the week before the MW was due, it's usually only looked at if your MW and RS don't match up properly, if they suspect plagiarism, etc.

I gave my teacher the first 2000 words of my story today and she loved it! Wooooo! But still have to write the next 4000-6000 words... :eek:

Adamman

HSC
Lets see!

I'll be filming the first minute of my film properly on Wednesday at school in the drama room [Works a charm with the black walls and the stage lights for what im going for!]
I've changed the beginning of my scirpt slgihtly, just tweaking it here and there, and have yet to change the ending, although it will still be the same, i need to either give the character at the end either no character at all, or something at least.
I've done some practice filming, but had to change actors due to not being free on the same days. But the benefit of filming half the script already means i know what im looking for
My music teacher did an original music piece for my movie. A saxophone solo, very sassy!

So i need to pull my finger out of my ass and get filming and editing!

Last edited:
D

DkAssain

The speed of sound is defined by the distance from door to computer divided by the time interval needed to close the media player and pull up your pants when your mom shouts "OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!"

shantu1992

HSC
DkAssain said:
The speed of sound is defined by the distance from door to computer divided by the time interval needed to close the media player and pull up your pants when your mom shouts "OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!"
hahahahahhahahahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)