Ext 1 ppl only....how did you find the exam>? (1 Viewer)

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
layzeee student said:
hey willskii this is the board of studies. we have just marked ur exam and u got 82/84
come to the uac centre in newington for a prize
ohoh....tat's quick...lalala~~~ anyone get foollll marksss????
kakkakaka....
as if they finished marking~

Jebu

charlie_charlie said:
This is me in the exam, "nope, can't do that. or that. hm. can do that. no wait, i cant. hm. cant do that, what the hell is that?! and heh, not a chance"
/me concurs

gerardk

hey they scale you purely on your mark hey, they dont consider whether your a 3/4U or a 2/3U ??

soje

acmilan1987 said:
People should not complain. Complain if you asked "how do you do question 1(a)?" and sat there for the whole exam. Someone did do that, im not naming names

i did that :) sat there thinking "omg" for 2 minutes then thought "ok i can work this out" and took 3 minutes to work it out

found out later from friends that i got it wrong though :(

so my best possible mark, hopefully 62/84

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
that was such a hard and long test
i reckon the hardest in quite a few years

Willmaker

HSC
Ever since I learnt induction, I could never prove n=k+1 fo ANY question. I knew I would be screwed since there was going to be at least 1 induction question. I ended up answering the only induction question I'll ever do in my life. :) but back to the point the exam was difficult and LONG. Skipped q7. Spent 5 secs glancing at it and decided *f#%@ it*

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
yo

The test was long, i reckon i could do prob 80% of the questions if i sat there and took my time, but cuase of the time i didnt even do Q7 and stuffed up lots of others. so hoping for 50-60.

ahvan

I didn't find a problem with time... (since I bascially left out q7)
made some stupid mistakes though... worked out half the questions I couldn't do as soon as I got home =_= No point, though, is there??

mozzie

HSC
well i would say i'm an average 3 uniter too...but i found it ok...infact i think i liked the 3 unit paper way more than the 2 unit....sad i know.
but yeah it was so bloody long i didnt get to finish but then the only one who did from my school was the chick topping 4 unit to thats gotta be good right?

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
im an average 3U student too i guess. i found the paper...strange i guess. like, some parts were really easy and some parts were really hard - but that also probably reflects what areas im better at than anything else. i was a little stumped by the last part of the last question - i could differentiate it and everything and i did KIND of prove that LHS=RHS...but it was a little dodgy and fudged in places i think.
im a bit confused by what you are all saying about the time thing though - i only know one person who didn't finish the paper (or everything they felt they could do) and we had about 90 people sitting it.

moora

I reckon it was a pretty hard exam. Does n e one know whether or not Ext 1 students are ranked against the Ext 2 students?? Ive heard didfferent things about this.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
i know that they're compared...its one way of helping determine the scaling of the 4U maths paper. i imagine that they're ranked with Ext 1 students...why wouldn't they be? they're sitting the same test after all - in that sense it's no different to the common standard/advanced english paper 1

DeadFish

I found the questions to be on par with most past papers but I think the problem is the LENGTH. About 10 more minutes would've made a lot of difference to me I'm looking at about 55/84 on this one.

nicola99

I hope I pass. I thought it was very hard and im an average 3 uniter. i usually get about 70% but i think il be getting much lower oh well. I didnt finish and hardly attempted question 7!

cranberries

show Pony
HSC
N/A
I thought it was absolute shithouse- and i was so happy with the 2u paper!

Did anyone think that there were a lot of 1 mark questions that seemed to need more than one mark working...?

The damn paper was so long and so bad!!! And yeah, the 4u ppl all thought it was soooo easy. Damn them too@!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)