METHOD
EVALUATION

i get the concept
ive got no idea how to word it
there are four catergories
Materials
tools
techniques
and ive forgoten the other. and there needs to be about 10 to each catergory.

if you understand what to do please shed some light as im clueless as to what im doing here

thanx

MrMe

Your Bestest Best Friend
HSC
nicholaswisniew said:
i am making a pannier for a bike right? yer. ok
heres the problem. in the MDP ive got to do ruffely 40 experiments with:
AIM
METHOD
EVALUATION

i get the concept
ive got no idea how to word it
there are four catergories
Materials
tools
techniques
and ive forgoten the other. and there needs to be about 10 to each catergory.

if you understand what to do please shed some light as im clueless as to what im doing here

thanx
Nup your right i don't understand.... try explaining again...

HSC
Hey ohk you are doing section documentation of research, experimentation and testing this should be one of the largest sections in your folio it needs to have a lot of work to be put into it.
You need both evidence of primary and secondary research.

Primary data is collected when the research is done first hand it only exists because you collected it
Secondary data is collected by you but is written by other people so magazine books internet etc
but remember that when you collect information you must only use what is needed and remember to high light important information then the markers believe you have done the work for example a low mark worker would just add in a huge lot of information but a higher mark student would be expected to reference the material high light major points and explain how, where and why this technique was used and they would only add in relevant information.
Also remember to reference all information and don't just plagiarise

Sections within this

Design ideas
When researching your design ideas, you need to distinguish between appropriate research methods and use the most appropriate ones. If for example your MDP were assisting a child with a disability, current information from relevant organisations here and overseas would provide the best source of information, rather than talking to a local GP or a parent of a child with this disability.

Experimentation and testing
Can be carried out in many different ways but it must be done in relation to your MDP. Testing must also be done using the same types of materials that you will be using for your MDP. Reasons to do test can be to improve your skills. To assist in creativity and innovation and to see if you ideas will work. You can also test for example different types of metal or word for strength tests etc. documentation of these procedures is required. If you can you should include samples and prototypes showing how you did the work problem solving and design solutions. Remember to include conclusions for each experiment
Technique research
Put in information in this section about the different techniques that you have used to create your project also add in different ways of doing it and compare them to each other
Material research
This includes going through all (well mostly all) the materials you have used and comparing them and justifying them to all different material similar to the ones you have used
Tool research
E.g. digital camera verses disposable use prices etc computer software you will be using etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)