Experiment- Adaptations for Better Pollination (1 Viewer)

FerengCheng

Inactive account
HSC
I'm not sure what I should do for this. The task is:

Plan, choose equipment or resources and perform a first-hand investigation to gather and present information about flowers of native species of angiosperms to identify features that may be adaptations for wind and insect/bird/mammal pollination.

I can't think of an experiment which would do that. And my resources are limited, since most of my textbooks were made in Hong Kong.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Well, the answer to your question is not simple or straightforward, so I have to answer it step by step. Also, do you actually have to perform the experiments yourself or just write about what you are doing to do without having to perform it?

1) You really need to know what are the different types of native species of angiosperms in Australia. One you have a "list" of these angiosperms, you can then choose whether you can obtain your specimens (assuming you need to actually perform the experiments, but if not, you can choose whatever you like).

2) Write your experimental approach, in a step by step format. e.g. First you need to collect your specimens (seed or the actual already-grown plant), then you are going to grow plant it, identify what features of these angiosperms that allow pollination to occur. e.g. does it have a scent? Does it produce fruit? Does the flower have bright colour? Does it have visible pollens that you can see that can actually be pollenated by wind? Link these characteristics to the mode of pollenation.

Remember to include any materials you need, like magnifying glasses for observation of pollens, soil, water etc.

I hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)