Experienced HSCer (1 Viewer)

Qualona

HSC
I did my hsc last year, and after i finished i completely forgot about this site. but i stumbled accross it today and decided to log in. so looking through the threads i can see that nothing has changed. hundreds of uai estimates and people asking whether they will get into their course blah blah blah... i know all about it. i did the exact same thing. i was obsessed! so i thought i would post my ranks and everything just to give people some hope.

So i went to a really crappy regional school, that came about 500 and something last year. my subjects and ranks were:

english advanced - 25/42
Maths 2 unit - 7/21
Maths ex 1 - 3/4
Ancient history - 2/25
Music 1 - 6/18
Software Design - 1/8

My ranks were pretty average, and i didnt have the highest scaling subjects. and to make it worse, my school was really badly ranked, with students commonly getting less than 30 uais, and plenty of band 1's. so i thought i had no hope. but i worked hard at my study before the hsc exams, making sure i could do my best in the exams.
skip to getting results, i got 2 band 6's and 3 band 5's (lets not talk about ex maths) and did quite well. and i got a uai of 92.85! i needed 88 so i was very happy.

so even if u go to a bad school and ur ranks are average, u still have hope at getting a uai in the 90's!

kurtharris

HSC
WOW, i certainly hope ur telling the truth

if so, youve just breathed life into my hsc

thanks heaps

runnable

HSC
92.85 seems unlikely for your school with those ranks. But wth thx for that and good job.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
runnable said:
92.85 seems unlikely for your school with those ranks. But wth thx for that and good job.
My schools ranked 464th and last years dux got 95.something.

troof.

runnable

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
My schools ranked 464th and last years dux got 95.something.

troof.
Yea 464, thats not quite 500s. 95UAI, do you get that every year?

Also, the ranks of Qualona are not quite dux-level.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Pretty close though.
We get around it. About three years about we pulled a 97something and this year, out of a grade of 76, we're expecting at least 3 90+'s. One 95 at least. I'm aiming for anything over 92. Not that I need it, but it'd be nice.

True. I'm just sayin' though school ranking doesn't influence your ability to get a great UAI (what ever that is to you.)

runnable

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
True. I'm just sayin' though school ranking doesn't influence your ability to get a great UAI (what ever that is to you.)
I know that. That's why I said 92 is uncommon for HIS RANKS at his school. If he was Dux of his school then I would have no problem even if he got 100 UAI in his 500 ranked school.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
that is quite a shred of hope

well the highest uai at my old school in 07 was like 92
and the school was ranked 623.
got out of there as fast as i could...

runnable

HSC
housah0lic said:
that is quite a shred of hope

well the highest uai at my old school in 07 was like 92
and the school was ranked 623.
got out of there as fast as i could...

lol yes run for better education, not because "your school's rank affects your UAI".:hammer:

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
runnable said:
I know that. That's why I said 92 is uncommon for HIS RANKS at his school. If he was Dux of his school then I would have no problem even if he got 100 UAI in his 500 ranked school.
Ahhhk. I getcha.

Ridin' the same wave now.

etc, etc.

=]

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
glad i found this thread :D. i really really really hope this guy is telling the truth, he sounds pretty genuine.

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
durh of course ur stupid schools rank isn't gonna affect u that much gosh people face up to reality and just try ur hardest and study thats all u can do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)