• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Expectations? (1 Viewer)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Yeah I kinda screwed myself with subjects to. I'm the same.. I had all this potential but no initiative....Oh well Its done now

Rory

HSC
I don't think I really get pressure put on me; I just hate how I don't think I'll do well and everyone jumps around saying 'oh no you're smart you'll do well', I know they're trying to be nice (sort of if you say you're ugly people jump around to say 'oh no you're gorgeous' rofl) but it's like, I know how I've done for the past year, so I've got a better idea of how my exams turned out.. my relatives (who I don't talk to) all wished me luck so I expect dad will tell them my results which kinda irks me since they're all pompus gits who will then push their kids to do 'better' than me.. but my immediate family (mum dad etc) are cool about it. They know there are alternative ways into uni and like my eldest brother got 65 or something in his UAI and he's doing Law and Computer Science, so that makes me feel better about it all.

tamster

Hey I have stuff like that too. My cousins (2) got in the 90's. Last yr. I was so determined to get in them too. But this yr all I have done is sacrifice everything and no one cares anynmore. I couldn't do any better. I realistically think I will get 75-85 but that is if the scale is with 50% as state average ie out of 1-100 instead of 50-100. Maybe I'll get a pleasant surprise??? Anyone else estimating a surprise?

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
yeah, i think my parents pressure me - they dont mean to (i dont think so anyway), but they just say to everyone (as in: random check out chicks, people walking dogs, airhostess...EVERYONE) that they expect me to get at least 95 without study. i mean, come on! as if! i dont want them to be disappointed in me and i know they're only saying it coz they're proud of me but they're both so smart and its so demoralising - what'll they say to everyone if i dont get a good score?
having a lot of friends who were stressing over needing to get over 98 and 99 to get into their courses didnt help either :p

omg_a

HSC
i think i have the highest expectations of myself in some ways. it's weird in my family, there is the expectation i'll do really well, but because both my older sisters are doing medicine, i can kinda just be the black sheep of the family. i mean, 2 out of 3 children doing well is pretty good. but then i decide i wanted to do law. so started feeling pressure. i also feel the school expects me to do really well, which is embarassing and probably not realistic. i broke my arm just before the exams, so in a way that lifted the pressure coz everyone was like, oh well, she's stuffed it up a bit now, just see how she goes.
it's not even wanting get it, just wanting to achieve a result, because i know there are other ways of getting in. my oldest sister's doing med post-grad, having not gotten in when she left school.
but in the end, we're the ones who have to live with our results, so try to ignore parental pressure i guess!

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
omg_a said:
i also feel the school expects me to do really well, which is embarassing and probably not realistic. i broke my arm just before the exams, so in a way that lifted the pressure coz everyone was like, oh well, she's stuffed it up a bit now, just see how she goes.
it's not even wanting get it, just wanting to achieve a result, because i know there are other ways of getting in. my oldest sister's doing med post-grad, having not gotten in when she left school.
but in the end, we're the ones who have to live with our results, so try to ignore parental pressure i guess!

Yeh but u broke ur arm cos ure a piss head. Screw the school they at wankers anyway, never have to deal with them again.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
My parents dont care what I get cause they know i put in my best effort. However my school, which is no where near the best but always has someone getting in the 99s does have high expectations of the first place person getting in the 99s, and unfortunately this year its me.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
omg_a said:
it's not even wanting get it, just wanting to achieve a result, because i know there are other ways of getting in.
That's very true. I'm scared of getting a UAI lower than 90 and then having to tell people when they ask, I can imagine them with this look of discomfort on their face and then moving over to someone else to talk to...leaving me standing there...

Gah...scary shit. Lol. Anyone else been having more nightmares now than before or during the HSC? Cause I surely am...

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
my parents know i tried my best........however if i get less than 90 ill be too embarrased to show my face in public...........esp. since all da family n friendz n skool r expecting so much.....being dux sucks :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)