Exercise (1 Viewer)

boris

Banned
HSC
How long does everyone reckon it will take for me to get back to a decent fitness level. We just started pre-season football training yesterday and i nearly died. The season finished at the start of september so iv had 2 months of drinking and eating pizza and occasional basketball, but i didnt think i'd lose that much fitness in 2 months. Should i be able to regain my fitness level a little faster than if i was just a completely unfit person who was just starting?

Scissors

HSC
boris said:
How long does everyone reckon it will take for me to get back to a decent fitness level. We just started pre-season football training yesterday and i nearly died. The season finished at the start of september so iv had 2 months of drinking and eating pizza and occasional basketball, but i didnt think i'd lose that much fitness in 2 months. Should i be able to regain my fitness level a little faster than if i was just a completely unfit person who was just starting?
i hadn't worked out for around 6 months prior to my hsc, and i only started about a week ago, and it's taken me about a week to get back into my regular workout routine.

friction

HSC
Yea i lost shitleads of fitness only started again yesterday and it was a killer.

jaja112

Disco King
HSC
Straight after the HSC I went to the gym and did squats. At first i chucked on like 100kg and i was like yeah ok i havent lost too much strength, so I started pyramiding up to around 150kg on my last set.I thought it was all good but after finishing i was walking to the leg press and pretty much just collapsed, and started feeling really sick, like massive head spins and shit. So yeah i recomend just taking it easy when ur goin back to da gym, it only takes a week or so to get most of your strength back anyways

boris

Banned
HSC
nah its not gym work or anything, just fitness training. running 5km or something to start then ball work then gay planks and some push ups and sit ups. in august i could do it easily but yesterday i was fucked after 800m. so sore today. in pain.

icelillies

In the twisted branches of the faraway tree
HSC
Not sure (Boris) how long it will take YOU (since even am 'unfit' people there may be individuals who posses natural sport/fitness capabilities). I've had about six months away from my fitness routine - started weight training yesterday (except I subtracted about 60 reps from most of my exercises) - muscle strain today isnt horrendous...so take it easy ;)

Try a military website - there is a 6 week (or more) generic guide for preparing applicants for entrance into the military. And the website usually has meal plans, etc to cater for those who are interested in being fit (an obvious requirement for most positions in airforce/army/navy).

Good luck! (you'll need it lol)..although by the time you read this post you should (hopefully) be getting there.
:santa:

boris

Banned
HSC
icelillies said:
Not sure (Boris) how long it will take YOU (since even am 'unfit' people there may be individuals who posses natural sport/fitness capabilities). I've had about six months away from my fitness routine - started weight training yesterday (except I subtracted about 60 reps from most of my exercises) - muscle strain today isnt horrendous...so take it easy ;)

Try a military website - there is a 6 week (or more) generic guide for preparing applicants for entrance into the military. And the website usually has meal plans, etc to cater for those who are interested in being fit (an obvious requirement for most positions in airforce/army/navy).

Good luck! (you'll need it lol)..although by the time you read this post you should (hopefully) be getting there.
:santa:
Dude no the army training is piss easy. I could do that when i was 14.

Fuck you Katie you fat cunt im not fat at all, my muscles are just sore from not doing anything for 2 months then running 3.2km and 400 sprints.

j.russell

HSC
time it takes to get fit again depends ay, the intensity and number of sessions and your current level of fitness will affect that. just get into a couple of sessions a week of running or like, swimming, rowing, cycling or watever, for at least a month, and you'll be sweet, should improve heaps.
depends what type of training your doing as well.
for like fat loss/general cardio i run hard for 30mins like 2,3 times a week and swim once a week. oh and eat like generally nutritious food eg. carbs, protein after training.
good luck with it, pretty early preseason?

boris

Banned
HSC
You people are not making understandation. I am not unfit. I was off traniing for 2 months like all footballers. Back to training, my legs hurt. That is all.

j.russell

HSC
boris said:
You people are not making understandation. I am not unfit. I was off traniing for 2 months like all footballers. Back to training, my legs hurt. That is all.
haha everyone hurts in preseason

-maddie-

HSC
I have started running again and in 2 weeks I have noticably lost weight and I think I have improved my fitness to a better level.

The best way to get fit is running (in my opinion)- remember that it is not how far/long you run for, it is how hard you run. Consistancy is also a key factor.

bananamilkXD

HSC
it depends on how hard you train
but otherwise u should be in great shape in less then 2 months

leapordfist

HSC
hahaha same story here! ddnt wrkout cuz of schhool cert, and now that its over, i went to ninjitsu training and did like bout 50 crunches (diff then the regular ones, a bit more "explosive") and i did only 50....2 days later im still sore....normally inseason i could go for about 250 crunches, (not at once, but in the same hour) and i woulnt be sore the next day......

thing is, you start to lose muscle mass if you stop lifting for months....and yes, you might not notice at first, when u start lifting again, but you will. thats because alot of "lifting" is pshylogical, you think you can do it because you have done it....you lose tremendous ammounts of strength and mass in about 6 mnths.....BUT you do have an advantage over a newbie

you dont have to go through the months of light training to strenghten ur joints and ligaments....probably a week will do, just to warm your body up....and yes, your gains will be faster then before, but you need to shock your body back into growth...i would suggest a week of light training and then explosive training once a week along with ur regular wrkouts....this would help you gain back the mass....and this would help in football if im not mistaken

by explosive training i mean powerlifting AND body weight excersizes like the explosive push ups, (when you do a push up but at the top most movement you proepll your self into the air and high as you can...)

to answer your question...about less then a month should be suffecient

Last edited:

08er

HSC
i think working out gradually is key, especially since you are unfit at the moment, it would be intense (and difficult) to go straight from your current state to full fitness.

imo, there's no point in doing push ups/sit ups and all that jazz, you want your fitness (endurance for football) so i would just walk/jog

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)