exercise books vs loose leaf? (1 Viewer)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Heliotrope said:
I've never much liked exercise books, but I didn't know there was a viable alternative. Could someone explain loose leaf to me?
What's to explain?

As Kuja said just A4 lined paper that isn't attached to anything you can then store them in a folder or organise however you want just don't lose them.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Excersise books...loose leaf if i left a book at home but i ended up losing those bits of paper...excersie books are much better and safer so u dont lose notes

frieda

Premium Member
HSC
Well alot of people at my school have taken up looseleaf this year but I'm going for the combo (with everything in the folder). I do like the convenience of having loose leaf, but books just feel neater and better organised to me.

Legal Studies & Economics - Binder A4 in
English Ext and English Advanced - Perforated Lecture Pad
Math - A4 Grid Binder
V.A. - Loose Leaf (with content written into V.A.P.D. at a later date)

aussiechica7

HSC
i like loose leaf. means u don't have 2 carry your whole yr's worth of work every day. i like 2 get a display book thingy (u know, they're like a book with 20 plastic pages) and use each plastic page for a subject. when i get home, i stick those papers into the real folders, which are plastic 2 ring binders with zippers. i'm terrible with remembering to bring my books, so just having 2 remember to bring paper, and then deal with it when i get home, is better 4 me

-pari-

HSC
N/A
exercise books for school

loose leafs for notes at home.

cl3nta

HSC
some subjects require looseleaf, some require exc books. just do what suits your style and it should all work out in the end. Good luck :)

El-Tasho

HSC
I did loose leaf in year 11, i was able to organise them appropriately, but it just got a bit messy looking, i wasnt writing neatly, ect. So now im on books, it does work alot better, though loose leafs are good for study notes and things, you can add and subtract pages and information easily.

mudcake42

HSC
loose leafs all the way!! as Tasho said, easier to add stuff. I've only just started using loose leaf for maths instead of the grid book ... and I really like it. It's great to do homework so you can just add it to your folder and also if you get problems wrong and want to do them later you can just add them...

we get HEAPS of sheets so it's just easier to have a folder otherwise my book would result in a complete mess!

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
mudcake42 said:
loose leafs all the way!! as Tasho said, easier to add stuff. I've only just started using loose leaf for maths instead of the grid book ... and I really like it. It's great to do homework so you can just add it to your folder and also if you get problems wrong and want to do them later you can just add them...

we get HEAPS of sheets so it's just easier to have a folder otherwise my book would result in a complete mess!
Fk, I should've thought of that.

pourquoi moi

HSC
exercise books...they have prettier covers! this year i've gone superheroes. it's fantastic. also i would lose all my paper...

patty4848

HSC
Adv Maths - Notes in class exercise book & Exercises and questions book
English (Adv, Ext 1, Ext 2), Legal Studies & Modern History (and Ext) - Exercise book in class & Display folder for all of the sheets

I think you need exercise books and folders for class, although looseleaf is good for notes at home...

iEdd

HSC
A4 Folder + dividers + ONE lecture/note pad and a 4 ring hole punch for at home = WIN.

I don't understand why anyone wants to carry up to 192 x 6 = 1152 sheets around with them every day, when they may be mostly blank.

At home you can keep a folder (ring binder) for each subject to dump old shit in as your school folder fills up. It's easy as. You can also re-order your work, or put something in that you missed, without having the worry of your book out of order, etc.

Andrew375

HSC
iEdd said:
A4 Folder + dividers + ONE lecture/note pad and a 4 ring hole punch for at home = WIN.

I don't understand why anyone wants to carry up to 192 x 6 = 1152 sheets around with them every day, when they may be mostly blank.

At home you can keep a folder (ring binder) for each subject to dump old shit in as your school folder fills up. It's easy as. You can also re-order your work, or put something in that you missed, without having the worry of your book out of order, etc.
lol! ha so true!
but Y da 4 ring hole punch? I just got a 2 hole:p
and lol! dat's wat I"m doing too!
I guess gr8 minds think alike lol

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Started out using exercise books. Now using A4 loose leaf :D

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
flier higher said:
do you hold such a view in seriousness? consider the greats of times gone by, those of science, mathematics, and literature; most of said greats were forced to keep their discoveries unknown until late in their lives, or even until their death. those who didn't may have been persecuted by the conformist, "minds think alike" Church (at the time it would have been the Catholic Church).
Holy shit hahahahaahaha. Have you by any chance heard of the word 'idiom'?

kirstenetsrik

HSC
loose leaf
i can easily edit things and remove sheets if i need them. unfortunately they easily rip off

Evergreen

HSC
this year i want to keep notes for all my subjects in 1 folder or maybe 2 or 3. less stuff to carry, no unused pages. my plan is to be more consistent with note making using my computer

Zephyrio

HSC
Books. Neater.

Year 12:

Folders for each subject. Books placed into folder. Hole puncher pivotal for system's success.

Home: Folders for notes for each subject. Loose leaf paper and print-outs put into that. Hole puncher pivotal for system's success.

Dividers: Need lots.

I sound like a bot.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
flier higher said:
yes, although it's an interesting to note that, should it be taken literally, it's untrue.
Yep, that's why it's an idiom babe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)