!*?%#!$!!exemplary Responses!!! (1 Viewer)

the questions

I have not been able to get any exemplary responses, or just your own, good essays (!) and would love if someone could just copy and paste them as a reply!
I do An Imaginary Life and Wordsworth, if anyone could post their essays up, I need some guidance!!!! Please, please, please...

P.S In the Catholic trials for this question what did you all put as the 'issues' that arise for IM and WW...?

THANK YOU!!!

SmokedSalmon

HSC
heya, unfortunately i don't have any past essays to give you from what I did last year. :( although i do have some notes posted...
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=35558

hmm I do recall exploring the context (i.e. time, place) the two writers (in david malouf's case, his character ovid) lived and how their type of societies values/beliefs are reflected in their writing.
For example, their religious beliefs... WW lived during the 17th century, romantic era, where christianity was prevalent among the populace. So of course religion is shown as being strongly tied to 'the wild' in his poetry. i.e. in 'beauteous even calm and free' full of positive religious connotations! Whereas, Ovid resided in a time where spirituality was a force to be reckoned with... as you can see from the reactions of the villagers to the 'wild' boy because he acted like he was possessed by some supernatural being.

well lots of luck :)

the questions

Thanks Smoked Salmon!

Hey silvermoon! Its odd, you have so many responses on here that I feel I know you!
The question was:
Cultures differ when humans interact with the wild, but simliar issues always arise.

The wording is fabulous-(like all english exams!). Nevertheless my crisis was based around more knowing too much and not knowing where to start! Luckily I have a bit more of a handle on it now!
Just out of curiosity, what was your trial question silvermoon?

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
ours was something like: "Humanity considers itself more sophisticated than the wild but cannot ever truly escape its need for the natural world" - or somethign along those lines. kinda crappy really: much easier for brave new world and bladerunner than malouf/wordsworth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)