Executive Summary (1 Viewer)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i see the word truly in there.. so u are bound to get good marks.. *omg bias!!* hahaha

aniwayz an ES is just like an introduction. this is how i usually do it:

paragraph 1 - background info, doesn't have to be long eg:

TIB pty ltd is a Business studies tutoring centre that has been established since 2003. This sole trader entity is located at Sydney metropolitan suburb of Strathfield and currnetly has 10000 students ranging from year 11 to year 12.

paragraph 2 - brief summary of report. eg: if ur report is abt a employment dispute, then use this paragraph to summarise it. this is a lil extract taken from one of my student's biz report, please do not copy. (jessica i hope u dont mind :p )

In March of 2003, an industrial dispute escalated within the Morris McMahon Corporation. A management change wanted to impose a raft of changes, including the introduction of shift work without penalty rates. When workers rejected these proposals, they were told to “take it or leave it”, meaning the changes would be introduced with or without their agreement. They responded by joining the Australian Manufacturing Workers Union (AMWU) and voting for industrial action. The company reacted to this democratic decision by rejecting the workers’ right to a collective agreement and refusing to negotiate with the union.

This change sparked a 16-week dispute involving striking employees forming a 24 hours-7 days picket line, demanding the company to negotiate a legally enforceable registered work agreement.

The dispute ended in July 2003, where employees (with the help of various stakeholders) had succeeded in negotiating the right to an entitled collective wage, worth 4.3 percent a year for 3 years.

i hope u get the basic idea. ;p

soul_guardian

HSC
thnx alot, however it is for a business plan for a new business which i am going to establish. It it similar to what you said?

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
For a business plan, I would go with what tib said, but for a business report, my executive summary would probably only be a paragraph or so, and would bascially restate the question

eg. Question: Discuss the effects of blah 1 and blah 2 on blah 3
Executive summay: This business report will discuss the effects of blah 1 and blah 2 on blah 3 :D

that was how I was taught (or rather self taught since I was taught very little)...

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
now i think abt it... yeah it is a lil too long for a biz plan... prob 2 short paragraphs max. sorry abt the confusion.

and personally i think 80% of biz teachers dunno the course v well..... but even though my biz teacher didnt know much she got a lot of extra stuff for us cuz she is such a nice lady...but not eveyrone was/is as fortunate as i am.. :p

and hey suvat.. its weird how ur visiting this forum...being in uni and all. :p... welcome :p

Last edited:

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
lol...
I tend to be at the dumber end of the 'smart human beings' :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)