exclusive universities (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Samson

HSC
A lot of people think that going to an exclusive university gives them some sort of edge on everyone else.

I personally wouldn't do a degree at one of the exclusive university, mainly because I am against elitism.

However, I do know that ill have a better chance of getting a good job in my industry than someone who goes to a uni like Sydney Uni.

Does anyone else here have the same opinion about elitist universities?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Matt Samson said:
No. There are no 'elitist universities'. I have no idea why you seem to believe that Usyd people are snobby or elitist, or that the university as a whole is exclusive. It's completely untrue.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Matt Samson said:
A lot of people think that going to an exclusive university gives them some sort of edge on everyone else.

I personally wouldn't do a degree at one of the exclusive university, mainly because I am against elitism.

However, I do know that ill have a better chance of getting a good job in my industry than someone who goes to a uni like Sydney Un
i.

what
the
fuck

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
no one gives a fuck aobut undergraduate education u stupid dickhead. lecturers at uni look like theyve just come back from a fuken safari and the people who end up teaching u, the tutors, are sullen grad students lookin 4 sum quick cash

ur stupoid if there is any prestige

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Matt Samson said:
However, I do know that ill have a better chance of getting a good job in my industry than someone who goes to a uni like Sydney Uni.
I agree, CSU gives you an edge on everyone else.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Well with my Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Accounting and being a fuckhead from the University of Sydney, I assure you my head is firmly placed up my arse even though every other fobber going to permanent residence is stupiding the same course as me. ching chong bing bong. Hopefully one day I aspire to be a middle-manager at some "Top 4" tier or doing "reasearch into accounting" to conform my nonsensical elitism to the rest of the fobs. Most people say Im crazy. I am not. I am legitiamely an accoutnant from the elite univerity of sydney camperdown. I considering accounting to be the best at oxfird except I do not go to oxford I go to the University of Sydney Campredown in Sydney studying Accounting where one day I will be an acccountant.

I gope this helps u make up your mind about how gay you are. Because you are very gay. Fuck you.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Ah, yes, the University of Sydney. That takes me back to my days as a youth, you see, my ex-girlfriend was gangraped and murdered there by a team of Bachelor of Commerce students. This is not bullshit. I cry every time I walk past the Institute Building because thats where it was. He name was Sook Yum-Cha; she was an Asian student from China. She loved Anime (Dragonball Z and Naruto). I cry for her and although she could not speak English I felt some connection to her. I eat a Pocky stick coated in chocolate every evening in memory of her. Often times my misplaced elitism in Sydney University gives me a sense of superiority of the gang rapist (B Com, CPA) students. They are still out there, calculating profit and loss and probably gang raping and murdering other innocent people. I am serious. This is not a troll post.

Metric

HSC
N/A
Matt Samson said:
A lot of people think that going to an exclusive university gives them some sort of edge on everyone else. I personally wouldn't do a degree at one of the exclusive university, mainly because I am against elitism.
There are practically no "exclusive" or "elitist" universities in Australia, as almost all universities are public. Students receive their UAI, apply to their chosen universities and universities distribute their quota of offers to students based on their UAI- hence the Australian system is based completely on merit (measured by the UAI) and is only exclusive of students who do not have the academic capability to gain entrance to a university. Universities only care about one thing: the student's UAI. Nothing else is considered, not the financial status, nor the family background or connections- hence universities are not elitist.

What you seem to be talking about is prestige. You can certainly label certain universities "prestigious", but this is not tantamount to being elitist or exclusionist.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Matt Samson said:

lol ok we get it, you go to uni in the country and you feel inadequate so you're trying to convince us all through the subtext of your posts that we should all come to bathurst with you because the other unis in civilisation just dont match up and are so elitist and wanky and shithouse, to justify your own choice of tertiary institution to yourself.

am i getting close?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Matt Samson said:
True, CSU has the best course in Communications Journalism in Australia... but man, that post was a load of wank.

I mean you're effectively commiting reverse-elitism by presuming that some universities think they're better than others. Read that: you're making a judgement because you think other people think that a uni is better.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Matt Samson said:

Oh, and for somebody doing a communications degree, I have to say you can't communicate your message terribly well, as evident by the severe backlash you've garnered in this thread.

Will you be the kind of journalist that visits a 2 year old BOS thread, then makes a sweeping generalisation about NSW's HSC student population based on the posts of a few trolls?

panicstation

HSC
I think the best journalism course is UTS. And fingers crossed I get there.

is a roflcopter
HSC
i would have an inferiority complex if i went to CSU too

Matt Samson

HSC
Newbie said:
i would have an inferiority complex if i went to CSU too
I have no problem doing a Bachelor of Arts (Communication-Journalism) at CSU. I would rather do it here than doing communications at USyd.

Matt Samson

HSC
panicstation said:
I think the best journalism course is UTS. And fingers crossed I get there.
UTS is first and CSU is a close second. The reason why both universities do well is because they focus less on theory, unlike some universities.

So when we go out for a job interview and the big question comes up "what experience do you have", we can answer it confidently, unlike those from uSyd and UNSW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)