Exchanging Currency (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
I need some suggestions on the cheapest place in Sydney to exchange $AUS into foreign currency, as i'll be going overseas on Tuesday

yosemite sam

HSC
where are you going? some overseas airports (eg singapore) have places that will exchange your money for free

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i always to go the foreign exchange opposite the pacific international hotel....its on the corner of george and campbell street me thinks....i always exchange my $HK there with no commission.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Do not buy at airports, hotels, touristy areas.

You can do it with AUS Post if you have time

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Thanks, i'll have a look on Monday. I heard commonwealth bank at Martin's place is good - anyone exchanged currency there, or at the bank?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i thought banks charge rates lower than independent foreign exchange centres, and dont they charge commission as well...for banks that is.
i remember exchanging HK$500 at a bank fo australian currency but im not sure whether charge commission as well (this was at st george's bank)

Peartie

HSC
Post Offices are generaslly reasonable with exchange rates and dont do commission....When I was in England abt to come back to Aus i exchanged all my money at post offices and got a great deal - Im pretty sure Aus Post is the same.

But I found that it was better when I went OS to only take a couple of hundred (pounds in my case) and then use a bank card to withdraw more over there - check with your bank - some (like Westpac for example) have agreements with banks worldwide so if you use their ATMs its just like using one of Westpacs in Australia....

(then again using ATMs was really easy for me because I was opening up a bank account in England)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)