Exchange to US - Under 21 (1 Viewer)

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
I'm thinking of applying to go on exchange next year however I won't be 21 whilst I'm there.

Just wondering from those who have personally gone on exchange or have any insights whether this will have much of an impact on making friends (assuming they'd want to go out to bars), etc.

Note: one of my objectives whilst on exchange won't be to party hard and drink.

Thanks.

X

xeuyrawp

I'm thinking of applying to go on exchange next year however I won't be 21 whilst I'm there.

Just wondering from those who have personally gone on exchange or have any insights whether this will have much of an impact on making friends (assuming they'd want to go out to bars), etc.

Note: one of my objectives whilst on exchange won't be to party hard and drink.

Thanks.
Not sure why people think that this will be a problem. Obviously it means that you're legally not allowed to drink, although obviously a lot of <21 year-olds still do. But remember that you're in the same boat as everyone else under 21; unless you're doing postgrad or going to be around a lot of >21 year-olds, you'll be fine.

bored at work

HSC
No issues at all, most of the kids there will be under 21 anyway. You won't have a problem with going to house/frat parties.

beeish

HSC
Uni Grad
even if your under 21 and you do want to party there is honestly not even a problem.
So I was a first year last year and there were kids coming back 6 nights a week drunk out of their minds, do you think they were 21? If you want it, you'll find it, if your under 21 and you want fun things to do, they do exist haha. Basically the only thing it stops you doing is going to some bars and clubs/drinking legally and maybe going to some concerts if they are held in a 21+ venue but other than that its really a non-issue considering that except for some 3rd years and most 4th years most undergraduate students are under 21 anyways.

merillem

HSC
I was there a few years ago and getting fake IDs wasn't too hard. Otherwise, as noted, there are house parties everywhere. If the cops come, just jump the back fence!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)