Exchange to the USA (1 Viewer)

MichaelJackson2

Moonwalker
HSC
Hi all,

Has anyone here considered doing an exchange program to the United States? I'm thinking of going over there in 2 years and was wondering...

Would it be taught at a much more difficult level since law in the US is a prostgrad course?

Would it feel a little odd being in classes where everyone's probably at least 5 years old than you are?

Would it even be worth it since (1) obviously studying aspects of the american legal system may not have a direct benefit to you if you wanted to practise in Australia and (2) if you were to study international law courses (such as EU law), they would be offered at your current university anyway?

Thanks a lot.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
MichaelJackson2 said:
Would it be taught at a much more difficult level since law in the US is a prostgrad course?

Would it feel a little odd being in classes where everyone's probably at least 5 years old than you are?

Would it even be worth it since (1) obviously studying aspects of the american legal system may not have a direct benefit to you if you wanted to practise in Australia and (2) if you were to study international law courses (such as EU law), they would be offered at your current university anyway?
first, i think you'll be exchanging on a graduate law level, in which case i suppose would be no different had you enrolled in a graduate class at university.

second, i think it is always good to look at law from other countries because it informs you with a comparative aspect and maybe different angles of looking at the same legislative mischief. that is certainly the case from my (limited) knowledge of insider trading law here and in the US.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)