Exchange to a competitive university (1 Viewer)

ucon

HSC
Hey guys,

Before I start uni this year i had some questions for those who went/and are going soon on exchange.

1. What uni's are competitive? (my guess NYU or california, boston, etc?)

2. I know the website says that you cannot fail more than once and must receive a minimum of a credit average but it also says that some uni's require you to have higher marks... what sort of marks am i looking at here.. eg. business at pennsylvannia (LOL i know this uni is good)

I REALLY wanna go overseas for exchange and for those who went any feedback- espeically if you do commerce/economics will be highly appreciated!!

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
1. Usually the most academic universities are most popular, also those in the main/well-known cities of a country tend to be quite popular too. And the more popular they are, the more competitive they become for potential exchange students. When you're being nominated by your home university (at least at UNSW), I was told that they look at your marks last... They read and evaluate your intension and reasons (or how much you want to go) for studying abroad and how you much you will benefit from the exchange before anything else...

2. Yes, 2 fails before your exchange, you will not be able to go on exchange. A credit average is the minimum they *say* you should. But for less popular universities/countries, a pass average will also be suffice. However with the part where some universities may require higher... really depends on the university itself, some elite universities may require students to have reach a certain mark to be considered even if they have been nominated by their home university... Your safest bet is to do your personal best?

I'm going to Japan in 2nd semester this year, and from all the people who I have talked to that have been on exchange and back, all their experiences have been positive. Don't worry about this too much yet since you're going to start your first year (I assume?), and you may apply after your first semester at uni (the time when I applied).

You can get all these questions answered fully when you go to the information session for exchange to your desired destination. I think for you, the earliest one you should attend is sometime in July/August.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
the marks ull need is based on demand and supply

contact the institutions directly for a more detailed response.

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
the marks ull need is based on demand and supply

contact the institutions directly for a more detailed response.
Why do you always reply with so little writing and why do I always reply with so much writing ~0~

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
because he's a guy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)