Excel Study Guide (1 Viewer)

QAFluva

HSC
Just wondering, last week I went out and brought the Chemistry HSC study guide. On the front cover it said "Revised in 2004 for the updated course", however I cannot seem to match the content with any of the syllabus dotpoints. From what my teacher has told me is that we are still using the syllabus the 2003-2004 HSC students were using. What is up with that?

tennille

HSC
I used that book for this year and it's crap! It doesn't answer some of the dot points and it doesn't seemed to be "revised" to me. You're better off using Conquering Chemistry. The Excel book is more of a summary rather than a detailed explanation of the topics.

HSC
surfing chem or spotlight chem are the best books imo, i used both to catch up after missing out on ter 1 and 2 and it worked well, they have extension work on it as well if you're really that bored/deprived of a social life

hussln u

chemistry bookz for sale for cheap

CHEMISTRY
EXCEL CHEMISTRY $15
MACQUARIE CHEMISTRY $15
SUCCES ONE CHEMISTRY $15

call sam at 0415407791 or 0422643079 thanx plus good notes

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
lebonu said:
CHEMISTRY
EXCEL CHEMISTRY $15
MACQUARIE CHEMISTRY $15
SUCCES ONE CHEMISTRY $15

call sam at 0415407791 or 0422643079 thanx plus good notes
Wrong forum buddy;)

jamesy_1988

HSC
I have the excel study guide and it is very average. it does not answer amny of the dot points and it is very vague. My teacher has the macquarie one and it really good. I would recommend the Macguarie one because the excel is a waste of money. The chemistry contexts 2 as my textbook and it is really good!

Jamesy

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I have prelim excel chem and it... well, it sucks. I bought YR 12 Macquarie chem instead.

I agree that Macquarie Revision Guide is really good (generally for all the subjects I got one for) including chemistry.

beverly

HSC
N/A
the cambridge chem book which is considered a 'study guide' is the best IMO, its more of a concise HSC textbook to conq. chem.

in terms of excel though, revise HSC chem in a mnth is the best!

Scanorama

HSC
Macquarie was the best, it has everything in it and explain the concept clearly. Excel has lots of rubbish and they don't really march the syllabus well, waste of money. But the Excel revise in a month is helpful. Textbook wise, I think the best is Chemistry in Context, Conquering is all right too, but it doesnt cover the syllabus very well compare to context.

HSC
its good if you aren't aiming high, because its generally easier to study off

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Casmira said:
its good if you aren't aiming high, because its generally easier to study off
I am going to disagree if you are talking about excel. It doesn't cover some of the dotpoints in enough depth to adapt your answers to small variations.

tennille

HSC
Xayma said:
I am going to disagree if you are talking about excel. It doesn't cover some of the dotpoints in enough depth to adapt your answers to small variations.
Excel is terrible. I agree that it doesn't cover some of the dotpoints. It is all out of order and only summarises the course rather than explain it in detail.

HQ_BUDDY

wat about jacaranda (if there is one)
coz i heard that it is the most in depth text book for biology
????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)