Excel or Macquarie Study Guides? (1 Viewer)

Rose_Punk

HSC
Hey all,

I was thinking whether to get Excel or the Mac study guide... I dont know what the difference is besides the price. I want them for geo and modern.

What are you opinions?

Cheers!

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
i'd go macquire - i did modern and had both and yeah i found macquire better for the topics that i did (Russia and Cold War)

Macquire tends to focus directly on the syllubus more consisly - excel on the otherhand does provide alot of information - it really depends on your personal taste - go in and have a look thorugh them - see which one you like better - have a look at how they r set out - see how much information they give u on the topics u study and choose that way

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
you can buy both through the buy and sell threads (as they will be cheaper) :p

lala2

Banned
HSC
If you don't have the money, go to your school library or the local community library., borrow them and check them out

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
macquarie is better for bothe subjects. i have both excel and mac and mac is way better particularly for geo

alien

HSC
yeah excel is just like a summary, so if you haven't put in the work it doesn't help too much. one of my friends studied straight from excel summaries. she knew all the headings, but no info. get macquarie. or both

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
Excel is better for the English modules. Maquarie and Get Smart are just as good as Excel for any other subjects....

= Jennifer =

HSC
it depends on the subject though, sometimes excel can be better than macquarie and vice versa, as it has already been said if you are looking for a bargain the buy and sell forums are a great place to start

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Macquarie is certainly better for chemistry. For SDD, my excel guide seems fine. Dunno if I'll even need it though.

afta???

HSC
macquarie is better for almost ay subject
excel......a bit too basic
macquarie will teach you the tricks and cover everything

elisabeth

HSC
Hey, I just bought revision guides for geography and modern.

I got excel for modern, because it has more information, so i'll be using it more like a textbook. if you're after something to consolidate your knowledge, more like a revision guide, then maquarie is probably better.

For geography I bought maquarie... i don't like excel's format and the maquarie one is much clearer, i think. it has the practise questions separated from the notes, which i think is good, the information is about the same, but the structure is better and i think it's easier to understand...

choc-chip

HSC
for business studies, i'd say macquaries..
U could've learn all the context without a textbook.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
theyre all the same.........i liked excel........gives it to u in stupid language........so its all easy to understand........and it has pictures......... :p.........macqurie looks like a medical textbook.......all writing......

TimeAndTide

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu
HSC
Excel is the last option. Crappy subjects such as engineering and....i dunno...food...are optimal for excel. No publishers will touch that crap.
Excel is too brief, and too expensive.

Scanorama

HSC
Depending on the subjects... For English, the small excel books are great sources for analysing and some ideas of what to write in the exam. For gerenal maths, Macquarie is way better than excel, although it is not as big as excel but it has all the stuff you need and excel are just packed with rubbish, as does Chemisry and IPT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)