Excel books (1 Viewer)

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Originally posted by frodo
my modern history teacher recommends the mod his excel book but i havent looked at it yet

Before you buy it, make sure your topics are in it. they only put the "popular" topics in them. i don't know what topics you are doing, but you might end up paying $30+ for the WW1 topic, the rest would be useless. But i am propbley going to get it anyways, dammm South Africa, ahhh well no use complaining.

lee^ar

Originally posted by sarah_#1_eel
I was told that with excel, you need to have a very good knowlegde of the subject before you use them...
doesnt that sorta eliminate the purpose of having the book?

Rahul

Dead Member
well no, because no text can/will cover each aspect in perfect detail.

its best to use 2 or more books/sources while referring to a cetain point.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I don't think excel are meant to be the main textbook for study.

Thats probably why my physics class was issued it. They want us to fail.

Some textbooks on the other hand are actually pretty good on their own. Look for big ones :D

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
My tutor uses excel, but only if he really needs it. He uses it as a refernece, not as a learning tool.

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
I recently purchased my year 12 excel guides. I find them pretty good, they give a good summary of everything you learn about.

Also they provide an exam at the back of the guide and that gives you an idea of what your in for when you sit for your HSC.

lee^ar

does anybody use or find those other excel books helpful?
like those "revise watever subject in a month" ?

Rahul

Dead Member
i personally, dont think they are any good. two (maybe three) texts should be enough for any subject.

and working through them of course:D

Budhima

Yeah, I also think that Bio is awesome, cos its got sylabus answers for every dot point basically, and if your school is like as ghetto as mine, then it helps heaps ;)

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
With excell books for history subjects u have to be careful cause u can't cite them as reliable sources in essays, because they are only study guides not text books.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Most have got teats, and topic tests in them, (the ones i have looked at have anyways). Also you can buy other books which are just test in themselves i know for maths there is a book called "50 mini HSC's" or something of that nature. Just have a flip through it before you buy.

lee^ar

yeh thanks for the information all
so it there still that special discount off excel books?

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
at the second hand bookshop that i live kinda near there is a Physics one cheap.... but yeah Rahul has alot, but no one wants them anymore, maybe he should lower his prices ;)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i would suggest getting them from 2nd hand book shops, then u can get as many as you like (well, more than if u bought them new)

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Tenille
at the second hand bookshop that i live kinda near there is a Physics one cheap.... but yeah Rahul has alot, but no one wants them anymore, maybe he should lower his prices ;)
i give you cheap.
prices depend on what(how much) you want:)

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
i give you cheap.
prices depend on what(how much) you want:)

Well i was only thinking about the SOR ones, its not my fault you live there *points in a general direction* and anyways, i like looking at things and considering before i buy so there :p

Why don't you just take what you have left into a second hand bookshop and see how much they are willing to pay....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)