EXAMPLES of Yr 12 Modern History assessments: could people please give me some? (1 Viewer)

bleu

HSC
I'd really like to see what sort of assessments one would get for year 12 modern history, doesn't matter which module.

I'd be REALLY grateful if people could post up some examples! And also if you could state how long it took you to complete the assignment and its level of difficulty?

And, would someone who has a bit of trouble writing essays and needs at least 4 days to write a good one have much hope doing modern history?

THANKYOU

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I'm guesstimating most assessments in senior years would either be hand-in essays or an assignment full of questions. You could get speeches or seminar presentations. For WWI, we had 45 minutes to complete an assessment that was similar to Section I of the MH paper.

Writing essays before-hand take time and planning, especially if you want to have a great one. As you practise more and more essays, you'll gradually find it more easier to write them. So practice and active planning is the key!

bleu

HSC
Thanks Kujah , hopefully the essays will come good ......( :spzz: ) !

Yeah those were the assessment formats i thought there might be. But if you could post some of the exact questions/essays you were given that would be really helpful too.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
For instance, you could create a powerpoint presentation/speech on your chosen personality, or alternatively, create an assignment where you grab questions from past HSC papers to examine them on the Personality Studies Section (so with the outline of their life and also a historical quote that can be used to assess the personality itself).

WWI - I guess deconstructing sources, and creating questions that are based on reliability, usefulness and perspective in relation to a specific topic.

For the others, it could be a research task where they answer some questions eg - the social and cultural life of Nazi Germany, its foreign policy, the debate over totalitarianism. You could even have debates between students on certain issues such as historiography or the controversy surrounding the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

All I could think of atm. :)

tim_daniela

HSC
Does anyone have an example essay on the Weimar Republic, and the problems overcome?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)