Examples of PIP (1 Viewer)

Luise

PIP ideas

Hi.
I'm doing the HSC in 2006 and trying to get my PIP started.
I have Diabetes and was interested in doing something along those lines.. or in relation to health.
I'm so lost for ideas and motivation.
Any ideas?
Louise

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I am currently working in a Diabetes Transplant Unit, which is a research centre trying to find a cure to diabetes using Stem cells and liver cells. One of the major problem in this field of work is the ethical issues involved. It would be a great idea to look at the ethical issues encompassing the treatment of diabetes using stem cells. Consider the role of the ethical debate and its impact, positively and negatively, towards society and culture. Underpinning your PIP with your personal experience, and public knowledge from primary and secondary research, you can turn this into a relatively unique and original approach to a PIP topic.

I hope this helps. :)

michelleanne

HSC
Its great to see you make an early start to the PIP- This is the key help you get through it.

An idea that relates to diabetes is a discussion that was on ABC talk back earlier this year.

It relates to those who inject insulin- there is a whole debate of whether diabetic's should proceed with this in a public space ie. in a restaurant or private space ie. restroom- the ettiqete of injecting insulin etc. There is a whole range of society aspects that could be discussed and you could use a range of methodologies. You could look at the reasons why people choose to inject in public vs private and the societal attitudes towards it. I say it would be similar to the whole breastfedding debate. You could look at the whole social aspect of injecting insulin in- public vs private and the stigma associated with it ie. drug injecting........

Just an idea for you and I hope it helps.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)