Exam technique questions (1 Viewer)

BenZ

HSC
What specifically do you guys do in reading time? Do you start to answer questions in your head? Any tips for how to best use this time?

Also, do you start the paper with multiple choice or do you leave it and come back to it towards the end?
I'm not a fan of MC straight up because I doubt myself and end up spending too much time on 1 mark questions.. so I'm considering doing it last?

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
What specifically do you guys do in reading time? Do you start to answer questions in your head? Any tips for how to best use this time?

Also, do you start the paper with multiple choice or do you leave it and come back to it towards the end?
I'm not a fan of MC straight up because I doubt myself and end up spending too much time on 1 mark questions.. so I'm considering doing it last?
During reading time I take maybe 3-4 minutes to work through the free response questions, and use the rest of the time on MCQ.
Generally I start the paper with MCQ and work from there.

emilios

HSC
circle geo reading time :)

MC are precious marks. don't leave them till the end or you'll get gg'd.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
During reading time, I skim through Q11-14 and make note of any questions that seem particularly difficult or require extra thinking time. After I do a quick skim, I do the same with MCQ. I'm a pretty fast reader, so I return to the questions I initially found hard and see if I can figure out some methods to solve them before reading time ends.

I start with MCQ, because it usually gets me into the groove. If I cannot get a question, I leave it and work on the next. It's not worth agonising over 1 mark when you have about 60 more marks to deal with.

mreditor16

HSC
During reading time, I skim through Q11-14 and make note of any questions that seem particularly difficult or require extra thinking time. After I do a quick skim, I do the same with MCQ. I'm a pretty fast reader, so I return to the questions I initially found hard and see if I can figure out some methods to solve them before reading time ends.

I start with MCQ, because it usually gets me into the groove. If I cannot get a question, I leave it and work on the next. It's not worth agonising over 1 mark when you have about 60 more marks to deal with.
+1

exactly what I do as well :)

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC

+1

HSC

0.5+0.5+

BenZ

HSC
Yeah that sounds like the best way to do it Rumbleroar, thanks everyone :)

Another thing, what will you all be doing tomorrow until the exam?? Would it be best to just try and relax and not do any more study?

Btw this is my first hsc exam (2nd technically including 2U but that won't count for me), hence why I'm nervous and asking this stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)