Exam structure (1 Viewer)

goblinslayer

HSC
Hi guys!

im currently doing sor 2, and in the HSC exam we have to choose in two sections (short answer or essay) where we want to dedicate either Islam or Christianity.

would it be a wise decision to choose the religion im most comfortable with and park it for the essay, or just choose on the day and prepare for both

jks22

HSC
Hi guys!

im currently doing sor 2, and in the HSC exam we have to choose in two sections (short answer or essay) where we want to dedicate either Islam or Christianity.

would it be a wise decision to choose the religion im most comfortable with and park it for the essay, or just choose on the day and prepare for both
I would make pre make essays on the religion I'm more comfortable with so it's easier to flesh out arguments and talk more about particular topics, and when it comes to the exam I would just mould it to the question

goblinslayer

HSC
I would make pre make essays on the religion I'm more comfortable with so it's easier to flesh out arguments and talk more about particular topics, and when it comes to the exam I would just mould it to the question
For that religion, how would you prepare the paras? Like two for: ethics, significant person and practice?

jks22

HSC
For that religion, how would you prepare the paras? Like two for: ethics, significant person and practice?
I do SOR I (so I'm not too familiar with the structure of the SOR II exam) but yeah I'm planning to make an essay each on ethics, significant person and practice

HSC
Im only doing sor 1 but im doing islam for extended response because there really is only 1 paradigm to link up all your paragraphs with - submission. So yea that and for short answer Christianity. Personally, most of it is fine except it can get a bit messy with paradigms and key beliefs. So im just kinda pre-prepping all the 'possible' questions because obviously SOR isnt that open ended. also go on studocu.com theres a bunch of great exemplar essays...all the best for SOR

also by pre-prepping a plan, you realistically only need to learn half of the content for short answer as opposed to mass learning content.

carrotsss

HSC
I do SOR I (so I'm not too familiar with the structure of the SOR II exam) but yeah I'm planning to make an essay each on ethics, significant person and practice
Do you plan on making integrated essays?

HSC
I think they mean writing essays with integrated stimulus.

Last edited:

carrotsss

HSC
I think they mean writing essays with integrated stimulus.
I am referring to essay responses with multiple depth study components (i.e. person + practice), I don’t know about other schools but my teacher is pushing them HARD and saying they are often necessary.

goblinslayer

HSC
I am referring to essay responses with multiple depth study components (i.e. person + practice), I don’t know about other schools but my teacher is pushing them HARD and saying they are often necessary.
I mean you can technically mix and match your paragraphs from your general essays

HSC
yea the past 3 years of SOR 1 hsc has been 'general essays' for section III. I think it was like that for the CSSA trials. Idk tho my school is writing our own trials which is tmr lmao

carrotsss

HSC
yea the past 3 years of SOR 1 hsc has been 'general essays' for section III. I think it was like that for the CSSA trials. Idk tho my school is writing our own trials which is tmr lmao
I have the CSSA (I think) trials tomorrow and based on our study guide it seems to also be a general essay. My teacher has basically said for those types of questions you can either do one portion of the depth study REALLY well or you can link 2 (or even 3) portions relatively well to get the same mark.

Last edited:
HSC
ah right yea that could be a useful strategy. also, will could they ask land rights movement questions in the section 1 5 marker?

btw, gl for ur trials

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)