exam responses (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey guys
How long do u reckon they expect for a decent response on the hsc?
I dunno wat to think cos I got two 18's on my trial, but i only wrote like three pages... You'd need more than that right?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
It's about what you say, not how much you say. :uhhuh:

imo, it wouldnt be a good idea writing less then you would for english though. (so 1200+)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
okay, our school exam pages are like regular A4 lined pages, and I write 8 for each essay. I think i got somehting like an 18 and a 16 or a 17 and 17.. not sure.

Apathetic

never fear

it's true... it's not about the quantity, it's the quality. If you can say everything you need to say in 2 pages then go for it. And while 8 pages sounds like heaps, it's not once you're in there cause you end up writing so fast and your writing just keeps getting bigger! :)
good luck guys!

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
maybe you write small? i know when i go into an exam my response is like 3 words per line.... and then you've got all the scribbling and stuff like that. so long as you have all your bases covered.
i dont know about your topics, but its hell with myerhold.grrr.

Apathetic

me? write small? god no! didnt I say that my writing kept getting bigger?
just trying to help with past experience; I did half my hsc last year and that's what I found.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Thats like me, in an exam i average 4-5 words per line :p... Thats why i write the most of anyone i know. But in 40 minutes i can write 1200 words. Thats my english essays, i try to get drama up to about 1400.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
that's great billy!

Basically, it's whatever you can spit out in the space of 45 mins. I actually think 45 mins is a crappy time, coz I could write a 1 hour essay easy...maybe even longer. There's just so much to say. But because we only get 45 mins, I'm thinking the markers are expecting "short, but hella sweet"

V

val_dramaqueen

i write about 5 or 6 words per line, lol.
that's with both the essays and end up with about 16 pages for absurd and about 10 for aussie...
but remember, there's about 6 words per line... so....

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
do your maths? lol

Apathetic said:
me? write small? god no! didnt I say that my writing kept getting bigger?
um.. i was actually replying to miss_unsquiggle.... but nm.haha.

Thats like me, in an exam i average 4-5 words per line ... Thats why i write the most of anyone i know. But in 40 minutes i can write 1200 words.
so thats your secret!!! so here we are, the rest of the drama class thinking... oh holy shite, he's gonna kill it... look at how much he wrote!!!but really you've just been killing trees for 4 words per line!!!ahhh... haha i think im gonna faint.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Damn it Al! You figured it out. I love walking out that exam and seeing everyones face drops when i tell them both my answeres spilled into three booklets :p

V

val_dramaqueen

billy... i think we're alike!!
The others in my class all think "geez, she wrote so much! how?! WHY?!"
but really... as aLeeOh! quite rightly pointed out... i was just killing trees for the sake of 4 words per line!
:D:D:D

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
its not killing off trees for the sake of four words, its writing heaps so your marker's impressed.

CUT TO Board of Studies marking centre: "Wow, three booklets, I don't have to read this, this kids a 20!!!" :p well, thats the way i envisioned it. Like with GP, "you know what, I'm gonna give you thirty, dont bother performing, here's your free ticket to onstage :p"

V

val_dramaqueen

Will_Sparky said:
its not killing off trees for the sake of four words, its writing heaps so your marker's impressed.

CUT TO Board of Studies marking centre: "Wow, three booklets, I don't have to read this, this kids a 20!!!" :p well, thats the way i envisioned it. Like with GP, "you know what, I'm gonna give you thirty, dont bother performing, here's your free ticket to onstage :p"
hhahahaha, if only dreams were reality... then, we would all be kings and queens and we'd ALL be in Onstage with band 6s and we'd all be in the entertainment industry... ahhh... that'd be the life... mmmyes...
anyway, about essays... :p

noseintheclouds

where i always am, with my nose in the clouds
HSC
N/A
i realise that this has regresed from the original question but i wrote six pages for each question and i got an 18 and a 19.. but my drama teacher is one of the senior markers (he devised the new syllabus infact and wrote some of next years quesions) and he said that the top drama students in the state are writing twelve pages per essay AND doing essay plans..

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Will_Sparky said:

lol oh yeh we soooo wish. it's unfortunate that they do sit there and read all of them. Actually, I'm glad they dont do what u said, lol Coz then u get fuckers who write absolute nonsense, make up shit and get 12 pages done. Now THAT'S a waste of paper. At least, billy, if you're writing 12 pages, answering it properly and getting good marks, then it aint a waste of paper.

noseintheclouds said:
i realise that this has regresed from the original question but i wrote six pages for each question and i got an 18 and a 19.. but my drama teacher is one of the senior markers (he devised the new syllabus infact and wrote some of next years quesions) and he said that the top drama students in the state are writing twelve pages per essay AND doing essay plans..
essay plans? i seriously doubt that if i do a kick-arse essay but i DONT do an essay plan the markers wont give me a band 6. essay plans dont necessarily mean that someone has studied or knows their work.

but i think depending on ur writing, just write however many u feel comfortable. As long as you've written what u wanted to say in 45 mins and you've answered the question as good as u can :)

V

val_dramaqueen

grk_styl said:
but i think depending on ur writing, just write however many u feel comfortable. As long as you've written what u wanted to say in 45 mins and you've answered the question as good as u can :)
awwww! I wish you were my teacher! :eek:

noseintheclouds

where i always am, with my nose in the clouds
HSC
N/A
lol, no. no i dont think they will mark you down because you dont do an essay plan. i think he's just trying to get us to because he doesnt think we can write enough in 45minutes to get down all we've learnt. but i'd have to agree with you grk_sty that if we've answered the question as best we can and managed to wrie what we want to say then we have to be proud and happy with that... and pray that the BOS markers are happy with it and proud of it too.. sigh... wishes!

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
noseintheclouds said:
but my drama teacher is one of the senior markers (he devised the new syllabus infact and wrote some of next years quesions) and he said that the top drama students in the state are writing twelve pages per essay AND doing essay plans..

holy cow dung. i guess im just gonna have to cry now....

i never write essay plans in drama.
theres just not enough time to.ugh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)