Exam 2003 (1 Viewer)

soso

HSC
N/A
That was OK Photos were lush. No surprises.

SuPeRaM

yeah it wasnt too bad... same old art analysis blah blah for section one... section 2 was ok... i chose question 10 about that discovery crap of artists and evoking those feelings to their audiences etc etc... EXCEPT I DIDNT FINISH!!! =/ pisses me off.... i wrote about 7full pages and only got up to the 3rd artist... (i planned to only do 3 anyway) but yeahh... bitchin....

oh and one other thing... for the essay... i didnt put my centre number and student number on the top of last 4pages of the booklet... but i did put it on the front cover and the 1st 4pages.
is that completely f*cked?

wat do u reckon guys?

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
... i chose question 10 about that discovery crap of artists and evoking those feelings to their audiences etc etc...
Hey superam, I did that question as well. Which artists did u use?

soso

HSC
N/A
Don't worry

My mother is a marker. SHe tells me it happens a lot and the BOS Clerical ladies are experts in working things out and keeping everything together. She says no swet it wil be OK

perfect crime

With the Student/Centre Number, our presiding officer said we only have to write it on the front of each booklet.... for all our exams our school has only been told we need it on the booklet, and the pages dont matter (or so we were told)

With the Qn's , i did Number 8... The quote was good! i love contemporary art.. Question two those car nugget things were weird....

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by perfect crime
With the Student/Centre Number, our presiding officer said we only have to write it on the front of each booklet.... for all our exams our school has only been told we need it on the booklet, and the pages dont matter (or so we were told)

With the Qn's , i did Number 8... The quote was good! i love contemporary art.. Question two those car nugget things were weird....
We get time before our exam, and before we get our paper, to write our student number and centre number on every page. I am so sick of it!

I did Question 8 too - could have written so much more if I didn't have to wrap it up. But whatever. I got my point across and covered basically everything I wanted to... But I still don't like a lot of contemporary art! :p

I've studied Piccinini, and I still hate the car nuggets.

TwistOfGold

HSC
ahhhh.
I did question 4 for the essay, under art practice. My teacher told me it was a bad question to choose- eep :confused: :(

Um... I didnt like 1. c)

actually. what did most people think proper answers were for all of part 1.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Farnarcle
Car nuggets have no point, they just sit there and look funky.
I agree entirely. Funky, but entirely useless. I hate them, but I want one. Just because, they're so... shiiiiiny.

But, on topic again:

How did you answer question 4? I just read it, and woah! Don't think I would have been able to answer that one with any coherent sort of train of thought. I mean, some aspects of art practice can't be specifically pinned down to one particular movement etc... Although, I can see how it would work.

Blah. I bore myself.

soso

HSC
N/A
I think question 4 was a disguise asking you to reveal what you know about art practice. In frames it is the structural frame in the area of genre

So you could start with one and include some of the other

detour

Originally posted by Daemontreu
I agree entirely. Funky, but entirely useless. I hate them, but I want one. Just because, they're so... shiiiiiny.
as far as i know, that definition fundamentally defines art. funky, but entirely useless. doesnt negate the notion that its legitimate and dynamic.

on that note, i think piccininis art is fantastic. the very fact that you approve of the 'car nuggets' commercial appeal is testament to the irony that shes manufactured. same applies with that 'protein lattice' piece. she is so one of the most amazing aussie artists of the postmodern.

i did Q4, and buggered it up.

DC10

wasn't too hard... but i have to say the first and second plate - only koreans would have a FULL understanding of the cultural frames and the artworks significance....

so why does the BoS choose to use cultural specific artworks? this could potentiall disadvantage those who don't know it, and advantages those who actually know what the artworks meant?

for section 2, i started half a page of Q9 then crossed it out and done Q8 instead :)

SuPeRaM

Hey superam, I did that question as well. Which artists did u use?
blue... yeah man i used Colin McCahon and his spiritual discovery crap... then i did Gordon Bennet and Imants Tillers since both of them hav appropriated works by McCahon... they inturn are discovering their own subject matter differently... etc etc... it fit in ok...

wat'd u do?

MGT

i hated the first question in section one about the three social issues.
this is wat i used
1. over population
2.humans being trapped
3.all colours can work together

I backed this up with y i though this but i still dont think i did any good

soso

HSC
N/A
For that question I looked at the role of the individual in society and their capacity to effect change

There were some issues with gender as all the figures appeared to be male

Questions of whose in charge Who makes decisions for us

The concept of the glass ceiling for some etc etc

rotyal

Originally posted by SuPeRaM
blue... yeah man i used Colin McCahon and his spiritual discovery crap... then i did Gordon Bennet and Imants Tillers since both of them hav appropriated works by McCahon... they inturn are discovering their own subject matter differently... etc etc... it fit in ok...

wat'd u do?
Ha! That's exactly what I did. I was preparing for the cultural and postmodern, but when they didn't show in the questions i had to rethink. I also did Judy Chicago however.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
"Piccininis Panel Work continues her exploration of the quasi-erotic investment we have both in smooth, glossy surfaces and in machines, a combination of themes most evident in the Truck Babies (1999) and Car Nuggets (1998). Piccinini has chosen the car in its capacity and the archetypal machine of our time, a machine with which we are intimately familiar, which witnesses our most private moments and compensates for our personal inadequacies, but which at the same time figures as the prime commodity in the public realm of advertising and consumerism. The car, then, occupies the borderline between public and private, between body and machine, between pure functionalism and pure sign, an unstable position that Piccinini exploits in her project."

-----http://www.chrislangton.net/essays/plastic_life_essay.html

From an exhibition.

allyteaded

Did anyone write the article or just used a regular extended response?

I'm referring to 1 c) btw.

Can they do that?? I never knew they could ask you to write other forms. I HATE articles...

MGT

i wrote in article form i remember my english teacher telling us that if we do have to write an article put a heading so thats wat i did even if its art i still write in some wat of form, but i dont think it matters if u wrote in extended response or in article i never been asked to write an aticle for art but.!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)