Everyone's problem (1 Viewer)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
I sleep at around 4-5 hours a night, I could sleep 3-4 and not get tired. It's just how my body functions; everyone is different.
keep in mind you need sleep to grow and repair muscles

unicornachos

HSC
N/A
I usually sleep for about 6-7 hours a night because I have to get up at 5:40 every morning to be able to get my bus on time (I live pretty far away from my school). I'm always tired though, and try to make up for it on weekends.

Scientifically speaking, teenagers need more sleep than in any other stage of life except for infancy. It's been said that teenager's brains don't actually function properly until around 9am. Like someone else said, power naps are ideal from around 12pm-3pm. Obviously school/work doesn't cater for this, sadly. Studies have shown in the US though that when a school's start and finish times are moved back by about 2-3 hours (for example, if you began at 8am and finish at 2pm, your new start time would be 10 or 11am and your new finish time would be 4-5pm) student's performance levels increase dramatically.
So school start times are pretty stupid when you think about it, and aren't designed for maximum performance from students- it only hinders us.

So yeah, if your parents tell you that you are lazy or disobedient for not feeling tired at 11pm and/or not wanting to get up until 9:30/10am, read up on teenager biology and prove them wrong, hahaha.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Strongly AGREE :) My 9 hours sleep every night helps me grow heaps for an Asian :)
Yes but you're a girl, chances are u stopped growing about 3-4 years ago :p

zombies

HSC
Google biphasic/polyphasic sleep, there's some pretty interesting stuff on it.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I've read somewhere that girls don't stop growing till they're 21 :)
I thought it was:
Boys stopped growing at the age of 21 while girls stop growing by the age of 18 or 19?
It varies for individuals.

I sleep for about 5 - 7 hours on weekdays. (6 is my average)
However, I also sleep on the bus to school and back from school if I'm not watching pre-loaded anime on my laptop or doing work...
Also, I tend to make-up for sleep on the weekends!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)