Ever accedentally left a blank page in booklet? (1 Viewer)

ipod21

HSC
have u ever left a blank page in the writing booklet while writing an essay? my friend did it casue he acedentally flipped two pages instead of one.

instead of writing P.T.O on the blank page, he decided to put a big "X" on the page.

I think he's stuffed, casue traditionally a big "X" across the page means "end" or "invalid". I know for maths, any blank pages my teachers put lines through them so we can fill them in afterwards. So I told him the examiners are going to flip and see the X (or half flip) and when they see the X they'll just close the book.

*Baby-K*

HSC
ipod21 said:
have u ever left a blank page in the writing booklet while writing an essay? my friend did it casue he acedentally flipped two pages instead of one.

instead of writing P.T.O on the blank page, he decided to put a big "X" on the page.

I think he's stuffed, casue traditionally a big "X" across the page means "end" or "invalid". I know for maths, any blank pages my teachers put lines through them so we can fill them in afterwards. So I told him the examiners are going to flip and see the X (or half flip) and when they see the X they'll just close the book.
He will be fine, don't scare the guy. I think the papers get sorted first, so people go through them making sure that all sections are in the right places etc, they will notice the cross and make sure that the markers flip the page.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
Because examiners don't know how to turn one more page just in case there is more written. Lyk t0taLLy scREweD z0mG

Fail for asking.

edit: accidentally*

Last edited:

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
i did that by accident and i just did a little arrow pointing to the edge of the page

he should be fine, if anything the markers should see that the other pages have been written on; they're so thin.

ipod21

HSC
but i mean, the markers could half flip the page and see it with the big 'X" meaning "finish".

i told him to forget about it and let fate take its path. his fault for being an idiot. why would u put an X anyway? haha at least write P.T.O !

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
I did something mass stupid today.

While writing my essay i skipped a page, then turned back and for no reason at all changed pages..didnt realise until i got to the next page.

I used some pretty arrows to reconcile.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
risole91 said:
I did something mass stupid today.

While writing my essay i skipped a page, then turned back and for no reason at all changed pages..didnt realise until i got to the next page.

I used some pretty arrows to reconcile.
kudos to you

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
As a marker I can tell you that when we see a big X we tend to see it as just what your friend has done - a skipped page. It happens all the time (at least once a night you will come across a page that has been skipped and many of them will have a big X on them.

We are told every year to make sure we check every page as well.

We take the job very seriously knowing what is riding on it (and the vast majority of us have been at the same point you are now - just a matter or how many years ago it was that we did the HSC so we do understand the importance of checking it).

Matt1120

Basically a History Nerd
HSC
Yeah i did that in english paper 1. I realised it at the end so i left an instruction for them to turn over one more page. My teacher was saying that the markers must follow all instructions left by the students on the page so it should be fine

ipod21

HSC
i'll show my friend this page, hopefully he is over it by now, but if not i guess this thread can atleast put his worries to bed. lol

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Nah I usually fill out all four per section though so that's okay. Only managed 3 on frontline, absolutely livid with myself.

ipod21

HSC
Captain Hero said:
Nah I usually fill out all four per section though so that's okay. Only managed 3 on frontline, absolutely livid with myself.
our booklets had BOS 2008 yellow printed on them and we got 8 pages.

snore

Kinky Kelly & Sexy Stud
HSC
ipod21 said:
our booklets had BOS 2008 yellow printed on them and we got 8 pages.

yea same.. although I have seen some 4 page ones floating around.

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
i did it twice in paper one. i just wrote in big letters: sorry skipped a page pto. i think theyll get the message.

Eclipse008

HSC
N/A
I accidently skipped pages. I didn't realise till I started writing my student number across all the pages. So I just wrote Cont. on next booklet (I skipped the last page - oops!)

The teacher would notice. First of all, they'd probably realise that his argument is incomplete. Secondly, they might see the writing of the next page underneath the one with the 'X'. The pages are somewhat see-through

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)