Evaluation of this ATAR please? (1 Viewer)

Deathless

HSC
At the moment, our school has predicted my ATAR, I have scored 92? I am heavily disappointed, can this be improved and is it too early for an accurate prediction (I did screw up in a few assessments). BTW this is a 'selective' school in a sense:

English = 94/100 <-- I screwed up in my first assessment though (which was worth like 15% internal)
2 unit maths = 76/100
3 unit maths = 33/50 <-- My 2 unit and 3 unit maths ahve been really bad, but this is because I've been thinking of dropping it so I haven't applied myself. But I might try harder and push both of em up.
Economics = 95/100 <-- I also screwed up in one big assessment (25%)
Ancient History = 90/100 <-- Why is this so low, I have gotten like nearly full marks in most assessments :(
Extension Hist = 44/50

And another subject I dropped already, so I have to improve maths.

I'm looking for a 95+ Atar? Is it achieveable (or is scaling my worse foe, assuming that I will do better in the trials and HSC)?

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
What do you mean "in a sense"? It's either selective or it's not.

Your ATAR is that low because of your maths. Push it up and maintain the rest and you can pretty easily manage a 95+. Unless your assessments are really really easy, then you're pretty much screwed.

It is also a bit early to try and calculate your ATAR, as our cohort may be 100% retarded compared to last year's -> higher ATAR.

Deathless

HSC
In a "sense"...

By it's top 40 but its private.

Also I think maybe the Maths assessments were easy - but not everything else (that's why I got so much better marks then everyone else, cus I aced the other assessments besides the first ones which I got below average). The problem is for all the other assessments besides Maths i seem to be doing well (and wish to do better) but my Maths is so bad and I'm failing simple exams. I go tutoring for Maths too. Any suggestions? Is it still possible to do well in maths if we've done nearly/over half of the Maths assessments (one more + trials left).

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Yeah, of course.

Trials are usually over 30% of your internal assessment anyway. Get high in that + your next topic test (easy 90% with proper revision) and you can pull up your assessments. This results to both maths subjects.

twistedrebel

HSC
m8 just because go to private, its not selective. If you want estimate, give us school rank and your ranks in each subject.

Deathless

HSC
m8 just because go to private, its not selective. If you want estimate, give us school rank and your ranks in each subject.
I said "sort of" selective, in the sense it is "academically rigorous" - we got someone with 99.95 ATAR last year for example.

I don't think ranks are important, not at such an early stage. I'm 1st in Ancient, but my Ancient marks aren't great are they? Whilst I'm like 10th in English and that's wayyyy higher than my Ancient (though I've never screwed up any Ancient assessment but have screwed up in English). I just wanted a rough sketch of whetehr I could significantly boost my ATAR if I could improve Maths thats all. I'm going to do a lot of Maths in the holidays, I think... *Sigh* My mum forced me to do maths - because I used to be good at it (like in primary school) -_-

Kralex

HSC
Well you are doing very well for a top 40 school and I think they estimated you low so you would have the motivation to improve your marks instead of sticking to what you have. Your marks and your ranks suggest much higher than a 92.

Sorry for ruining the secret. lol.

Deathless

HSC
Oh yeah sorry just out of curiosity:

If I am coming first in Ancient, why the fuck is my mark so low (I've nearly got full marks in all my assessments - think I only lost like 7 marks altogather [and that's out of 4 assessments] so far)? Two years ago, someone from my school got a state rank for Ancient? Is it just harsh school ATAR calculator or would that person have just got full marks in everything? I was hoping to get 97 as minimum for Ancient :( it's my fave subject

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)