Estimated scaling for accelerants? (1 Viewer)

morgoe

HSC
Hey, first post here.
I wanted to wait til the majority of people posting about their UAI had stopped, since my question isnt urgent.
Anyway
I got 92/100 for Maths 2U and 45/50 for Maths 3U, in an accelerant class (I'm now in year 12). Im just wondering if I can find out what type of UAI that'd translate to (I realise UAI is based on all subjects, but I need to find out some sort of scaled mark to decide whether or not I should repeat the course).
I tried using SAM but that needs an English subject to work out the UAI, I need it JUST for Maths.

2nd part of my question which doesn't really belong in here but I'll say it anyway in case someone wants to respond to it. I'm doing 4U Maths (which is a pretty limited class, we have about 120 people in our year, theres 11 in 4U Maths). The last assessment I got I came 8th/11 with a mark of 14/30. I've got 2 options really. I can drop ALL Maths and do this year with 8 units (which I'm leaning towards) or I can go ahead with 4U Maths and also repeat 3U Maths (Which my parents want me to do). Repeating just 2U and 3U Maths is pretty pointless so its not an option. Suggestions?

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Hmm, I'm assuming you want the scaled mark that those marks correlate to for the UAI this year, and according to the UAC scaling report, the 2 unit HSC maths mark correlates to a scaled mark of 41.7/50, so around 83.4/100 towards your UAI aggregate, while for the extension mark, the 45 would correlate to around (and I'm only just roughly guessing) 44.1/50 as an aggregate mark towards the UAI. There is no way to calculate an estimate UAI based on only those two results.

I'll respond to the second question at another time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)