Estimate your raw mark. (1 Viewer)

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
grimreaper said:
I just really doubt that a marker looks at a paper and says "ahh, stats and trends - 18/20!". Couldnt any idiot who studied do that? I dont know maybe I'm wrong...

Oh and as to the purpose of this thread - 20/20 for mc, 30-35/40 for SA and ~30/40 for essays I reckon so about 80-85 all up
no they dont go "ahh stats 19/20"... but if they read ur essay and see there are no stats they go "ahhh no stats 14/20"

for example if u have 2 identical essays, one has stats one has no stats... the one with stats will get an extra mark or 2... its only fair and its only 100% logical.. its the same as english essays, if u hav qutoes u get better marks than someone with no quotes, assuming otherwise u hav similar essays.

Acid

HSC
matt_f64 said:
no they dont go "ahh stats 19/20"... but if they read ur essay and see there are no stats they go "ahhh no stats 14/20"

for example if u have 2 identical essays, one has stats one has no stats... the one with stats will get an extra mark or 2... its only fair and its only 100% logical.. its the same as english essays, if u hav qutoes u get better marks than someone with no quotes, assuming otherwise u hav similar essays.
Yer - I donno how you can evaluate anything properly without some sort of quantitative measurement...

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
One of the dot points they had on top of the question said

You will be assessed on...

"Your use of economic data"

grimreaper

HSC
neo_o said:
If any idiot could have done it why couldnt you since it was a course requirement?

I got 20/20 in the multiple choice, and i'm thinking ill probably wind up with 85+. I was aiming for 90 raw though, so we'll see.
wtf, since when did I say I didnt use stats?

I actually had a fair few - all I said is that I dont think they = high marks

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
ay_caramba said:
no offense Shuter.. i dunno why but i find u just *slightly* annoying.. i cant quite put my finger on why..

hrmm
haha me 2. is it that ugly av? maybe it's just cos everything he says is "me went well", when it's clear that he's not a player...

raw maybe 70+

t.

HSC
Hmmm...my aim was 100. I already apologised to the teacher, told him to expect 98 instead...just in case. Hhmmmm..perhaps you'll find out my name when I top the state? lol I suppose a james ruse-ian may do it again...but at least they'll have some tough competition for once, damn it! Eco is great...a person that loves it better top it...and not just a random freak who can study for more than 10 hours a day.

sub

i estimate about 85-93 for me...MC's were a shocker...but the rest was fair game :)

HSC
grimreaper said:
I'm thinking that a lot of you are overestimating your essay marks - it might have been ok with teachers that know you and give good marks out for school assessments to keep you happy, but I can tell you the hsc markers give out VERY few marks like that. And before you start getting angry with me, just realise that its the cold hard truth =\
perhaps the only agreeable comment made in this thread

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
skypryn said:
haha me 2. is it that ugly av? maybe it's just cos everything he says is "me went well", when it's clear that he's not a player...

raw maybe 70+
lol.. i dunno, he just seems kinda up himself, he assumes he knows everything abt eco (which he doesnt), and is always trying to correct ppl while the rest of us are just comparing what we wrote in diff sections..
it's like he should be marking the hsc, not doing it... ;)
ok my rant is over

Last edited:
S

Shuter

ay_caramba said:
lol.. i dunno, he just seems kinda up himself, he assumes he knows everything abt eco (which he doesnt), and is always trying to correct ppl while the rest of us are just comparing what we wrote in diff sections..
it's like he should be marking the hsc, not doing it... ;)
ok my rant is over
How about you've described Rorix not me. Most of the time I've just provided what I wrote as an atlernative to what some others wrote. Only a few times have I tried to correct people, and not in a belittling way.

In summary, screw you I'm going to kick your ass in this anyway.

JoyDivision

Is Big In Japan
HSC
19/20 M/c

Think I was gold K-Oed by Short Answer, but I reckon I picked up on the essays.

I'd say probably low-mid 80's

Rorix

HSC
grimreaper said:
I just really doubt that a marker looks at a paper and says "ahh, stats and trends - 18/20!". Couldnt any idiot who studied do that? I dont know maybe I'm wrong...

Oh and as to the purpose of this thread - 20/20 for mc, 30-35/40 for SA and ~30/40 for essays I reckon so about 80-85 all up
as neo touched on earlier, one of the criteria you're being assessed upon is your use of ecnomic data, so without that data you haven't fulfilled the requirements of a top band essay

shuter: no need to boast, at least until the marks come out...

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
Shuter said:
How about you've described Rorix not me. Most of the time I've just provided what I wrote as an atlernative to what some others wrote. Only a few times have I tried to correct people, and not in a belittling way.

In summary, screw you I'm going to kick your ass in this anyway.
all rite lil buddy, calm down.. i just thought it seemed that way by ur attitude..
and yes, i think u shud wait until marks are released before stating anything.. i have a feeling i might get anywhere from 0-100, so yes, u may well beat me. but i really dont care in the end.
the point is.. um ..ur slightly annoying..thats all.
:D

:: dreami ::

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
hahahha... its DEF his avatar

rorix is correct, stats are everything... i hardly had any stats in a perfect essay and only got 15/20... so yeh, sucks to be you shuter ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)