Estimate for assessment task (1 Viewer)

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
Say a student wasn't able to do a test (for some valid reason, e.g. illness) and the head teacher decided to give the student an estimated mark. How do they calculate the estimate exactly? Anyone have experience?

Last edited:

stampede

doin it tuff
HSC
Say a student was able to do a test and the head teacher decided to give the student an estimated mark. How would they go about doing this?
since the student was able to do the test
the teacher would simply mark it, the fuck?

lol i know u meant if a student wasnt able to.. but who gives a shit?

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
since the student was able to do the test
the teacher would simply mark it, the fuck?

lol i know u meant if a student wasnt able to.. but who gives a shit?
lol my bad, typo.

but yea, mainly cos the student was actually sick and she was unable to sit that test when she returned to school due to issues concerning the integrity and equity of the paper.

William kamel

HSC
lol my bad, typo.

but yea, mainly cos the student was actually sick and she was unable to sit that test when she returned to school due to issues concerning the integrity and equity of the paper.
Don't kill urself, but u get the average mark of your overall assessments.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Each school will have its own precise process for this but it usually works along the lines of looking at your ranks and the gaps between the ranks for all the tasks that you do do and some professional judgement from your teacher about where you fall within the class - this allows the teacher the lee-way to bring non-assessment work into the mix and the BOS will back the teacher and the school if the teacher's professional judgement is the determining feature.

They won't use the average as that could be unfair, particularly if you have an exceptionally good or poor result.

My school waits until all the tasks have been completed and then we sit down and look at the marks the student got in completed tasks and the students who are around that student and place the student in the mix accordingly.

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
Each school will have its own precise process for this but it usually works along the lines of looking at your ranks and the gaps between the ranks for all the tasks that you do do and some professional judgement from your teacher about where you fall within the class - this allows the teacher the lee-way to bring non-assessment work into the mix and the BOS will back the teacher and the school if the teacher's professional judgement is the determining feature.

They won't use the average as that could be unfair, particularly if you have an exceptionally good or poor result.

My school waits until all the tasks have been completed and then we sit down and look at the marks the student got in completed tasks and the students who are around that student and place the student in the mix accordingly.
that sounds fair to me.
Thank you for your insight, much appreciated :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)