essay review (1 Viewer)

HQ_BUDDY

cna someone plz read my essay and tell me what they think of it please. (its supposed to be 1000 words BTW)

English essay Draft 1

The topic I have chosen to complete is
" Our feelings about the central characters in a novel are often influenced by the ways in which he or she is shown to interact iwth other characters. Show how your view of Victor Frankenstein os affected by his relationship with his Creature and one other character."
Introduction:
In this essay I am going to give my view on how i feel towards Victor as he is interacting with the Creation and also Elizabeth. The points I have created are very diverse, relating to parts of the novel, to situations and roles, also not leaving out the essential Elizabeth's death. Firstly The Role of Victor towards the daemon.
Body:
The creating process of the daemon was not sucessful as society did not accept him at all. This then leads me to believe that The daemon was not meant to be a perfect experiment, just an experiment where over time Victor would bring these lives into the world, who each would be not accepted and each would have to live a life of constant torment and rejection. Victor just doesn't care. This is basically the role of Victor towards the Daemon This makes me feel that Victor is just playing the role of the scientist, creating, discovering, not caring of the consequences that will follow. Making me feel he is ignorant.
Victor consents to create another being, but as he is almost completed, he destroys it in disgust. This action relfects on his relationship and has affected my view by making Victor to be seen as a person who just gives up and in my opinion that is not admirable.
When Victor has been told the story of the Daemon he sympathises but his hatred re-arises and consumes the sympathy he felt. This shows a mental weakness in Victor, as he cannot forgive or forget. making him seem a bit naive and selfish.
Victor does not suceed in killing the monster. His Creation, however, suceeds in destroying almost everyone that Victor loves. This has affected my view by making me feel that Victor is mankind, and the Monster is driven by mankind to be evil.
The end of the novel seem somewhat supernatural or unbelievable, with all the events just linking up it seems as it is made purely to try and make it look good, but gives a sense of it being less realistic. The interaction of the monster returning and killing Victor is part of the relationship, the creature needs it to survive. That makes me feel that Victor is not realistic, even though he has the most complex life anyone could have, he is just less real.

The relationship between Victor and Elizabeth is more than just "Sibling". She is the adopted child, that marries Victor. This relationship of Victor to marry her for all good, shows he has a heart, a very small one, but still a heart, and this incident has affected my view, from Victor being heartless to almost heartless.
Victor interacting with Elizabeth after their marrage, while they were talking, Victor deciding to go and check other rooms, when cleary we knew what was going to happen. This situation or interaction led me to believe and change my view of Elizabeth and Victor. Elizabeth was seen as the one who blindsides Victor unknowingly. Victor is seen more as a mental weakness as he is tricked by the daemon.
Victor despises the creature upon sight because of his hideous appearance, Victor didn't give the creature a chance. Victor just left the creature out to dry, so to say. This abandonment towards the Daemon has affected my view of Victor in that I feel he has not got the responsibility to handle the level of science he has ventured into, leading me to believe he is responsible and incompetant at his current field of study. Also at the time of the abandonment Victor does not respect the Daemon, he leaves him he shows no respect, leading me to feel he is a very direspectful person.

Conclusion:
In conclusion these points above have led me to my view of Victor as a whole, he ignorant, he gives up when the going gets tough, naive, selfish, he is mankind, unrealistic, mentally weakened by stress and also a very disrespectful person. This view in short is that if I knew him I would not like him very much, the selfish factor, disrespectful. Everything, by his action is just annhilating my view of him being an innocent and loving person. His actions, his interactions have affected my view and also have affected my view on the novel as a whole.
Total words: 637

Thx guys

abdullah_legend

jeez dats a good essay but it is 2 complicated man. My teacher alwyas says simplify to get betta markz. U gottta make sure the teacher understands u know?

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Try not to use 'I's in an essay. That makes it personal and not objective.

I'd also say that your tone is too conversational for an essay.

Overall, I'm terrified of your subject, frankenstein, (gave me nightmares the 1st time I did it in yr 8..) so forgive me for not reading it all.

Safiya

As Shadows Fall
HSC
I agree with eagles. It is more of a dicussion/speech than an essay. You also have to be careful not to use words like don't or doesn't, instead use do not or does not. It is more formal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)