Essay Questions for History + Memory? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi all :
I'm studying 'The Fifitieth Gate'. Just not sure where to find practice essay questions for this module..? Any questions you'd like to share from your trials? Or do you know where to find questions?

Thanks!

tanna3112

HSC
i got some questions from my teacher, they are one lies:

How successful is the text in authenticating the authors family history through the exploration of the inter-relationship between individual memory and documented evidence?

'documented evidence is more useful than personal memory.' explain your views on this statement with reference to your set text and two related texts of your choosing.

When considering historical events, it is often necessary to explore the relationship of individual memory and documented evidence. explore this through the use of your set text and two texts of your choosing.

(oh and btw, i am also doing 50th gate)
hope they're ok!

raniaaa

:)
HSC
okay umm these aren't really related to any text, but they were statements that the teachers gave us to practise essays so could be used for any history + memory set text :D

dturner

HSC
I did the CSSA paper in my trials but cant find the question booklet.. but the 50th Gate question asked for the text type as a speech which was a bit harder than a regular essay.

but the Independent trials question was:
"In contrast to documented evidence, personal history or memory inevitably reflects a one-sided or biased view of history.
Evaluate the extent to which the representation of events or situations in the texts you have studied reflects this view. In your essay refer to your prescribed text and at least TWO other related texts of your own choosing."

hope it helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)